New Job Mechanical Engineer, Intermediate In Alberta
|Mechanical Engineer, Intermediate|
Mechanical Engineer, Intermediate
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people , GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD is looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join our Calgary office. Our Mechanical Design group provides engineering support primarily to Western Canada, but also to the wider network of over 10,000 GHD staff worldwide. We provide design work for all aspects of mechanical design and coordinate with all other core disciplines to provide seamless, multi-discipline projects. Our projects can range from water and wastewater, to co-generation, to biogas and natural gas, to agricultural and food services, to industrial facility support. As a result, we see a large variety of projects and new challenges on a regular basis in sizes ranging from a few thousand to several million in engineering fees. We need Mechanical Engineering staff who can stay flexible in their thinking to provide recommendation for designs over a wide range of topics.The successful candidate will:
- Project planning, detailed design, construction management and inspection
- Data compilation, analysis, and evaluation using the application of engineering principles and problem solving skills under the supervision of a project manager and/or senior engineer.
- Prepare process and equipment specifications, evaluating equipment vendor designs, selecting equipment based, and preparing technical reports and design documents including drawings and specifications
- Coordinate technical resources and personnel including drafters, 3D designers
- Review and approve quantity take-offs and cost estimates
- Develop and administer construction contract documents
- Participate in design and project management meetings
- Contribute to proposal preparation
- Mentorship of junior team members
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Process Technology, or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience within a related industry
- P.Eng or P.Tech designation
- Familiarity with REVIT, AutoCAD and NavisWorks is an asset
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle a wide range of client and project types and requirements
- Ability to lead and multitask in a team environment while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to be able to effectively express technical information to multiple audiences including clients, contractors, and field staff
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.