New Job Manager, Operations In Alberta
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $6,202–$8,346 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 40671
Ministry: Municipal Affairs
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: May 8, 2023
Classification: Manager Zone 2
The Ministry of Municipal Affairs assists municipalities in providing well-managed, collaborative, and accountable local government to Albertans. Our main responsibilities are:
Funding supports for municipalities
- A system that strives to ensure appropriate safety standards for the construction and maintenance of buildings and equipment
- Protections for new home buyers and required licensing for home builders
- Province-wide support for access to public library services for Albertans
- Management of about 2.6 million acres of public land in the province's three Special Areas
- Independent review and decisions on local matters by the Land and Property Rights Tribunal
The Operations Manager position leverages technology and operations concepts through IT (systems, programming), data and geospatial analysis, statistics, performance measurement and management, and quality management to support the preparation and dissemination of timely and accurate legislated Alberta Designated Industrial Property (DIP) assessment notices and rolls, and associated products.
To be successful in this position you must possess:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, the ability to take on multiple projects and tasks and complete in a timely manner; ability to prioritize work and produce quality results, often in short timelines;
- Knowledge of property assessment services, related systems, related analytical tools, techniques and IT infrastructure;
- Experience formulating strategic and operational objectives so that organization processes remain legally compliant;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, ability to work with, coach, train and mentor a broad range of people in various positions (administrative support, data management and geospatial analysts, quality assurance and control advisors and analysts, managers, senior managers and directors);
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships within the organization such as other units, branches, ministries, external stakeholders, vendors, data providers, etc.
A university degree in Operations Management, Business Administration, Computing/Geospatial Science or in a related field plus, four (4) years of related experience.
The following will be considered assets:
- IT Skills, including knowledge of spatial and non-spatial database management systems and literacy in database query techniques.
- Literacy of operations and project management concepts including tracking, monitoring, project/process performance measurement and evaluation and quality management systems.
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
This link will assist you with understanding competencies:
BUILD COLLABORATIVE ENVIRONMENTS – You must be able to effectively lead and foster a collaborative environment for people to work together to reach desired outcomes.
DEVELOP NETWORKS – In this role you must build trust in your relationships with various internal and external stakeholders
DRIVE FOR RESULTS - You will demonstrate independence and reliability; maintain a strategic focus, prioritize actions effectively and at the same deliver results for a diverse client base.
SYSTEMS THINKING - In this position, you must be able to consider the complete picture, understanding the implications of each decision for the broader system.
CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING – Create an innovated environment to eliminate barriers and encourage innovated culture.
$3,100.80 to $4,172.77 bi-weekly ($80,930 to $108,909 annually)
Hours of Work
Standards Hours of work as 36.25 (Monday to Friday)
In your resume, please include dates (including months and years) associated with all education and work experience. As well, please indicate whether your work experience is casual, part-time or full-time. For example, January 15, 2006 - June 25, 2009: Assistant (PT three 8 hrs shifts/week).
Links and information on what the GoA has to offer to prospective employees.
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Pension plans: Management Employees Pension Plan (MEPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements
- Research Alberta Public Service Careers tool –
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Khadija Akther at [email protected]
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check