New Job Manager Of Events In British Columbia
|Manager of Events|
Manager of Events
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $83,000 a year
Location : British Columbia
Métis Nation British Columbia
Manager of Events
Operations & Administration
Position: Permanent Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Hybrid/Provincial office – Station Tower (13401 – 108th Avenue, Surrey)
Closes: Posting will remain open until filled and will close without notice
Classification: Manager 2
Salary Range: $83,000 to $95,000 annually
ABOUT MÉTIS NATION BRITISH COLUMBIA:
Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) develops and enhances opportunities for our Métis communities by implementing culturally relevant social and economic programs and services. Through teamwork, respect, dedication, accountability, integrity, and professionalism, MNBC strives to build a proud, self-governing, sustainable Nation in recognition of inherent rights for our Métis citizens, assisting in the delivery of services based on policy, process, and specified regulations.
MNBC’s KAA-WIICHIHITOYAAHK (We take care of each other) Initiatives offers employees a competitive total compensation package including:
- comprehensive group benefit package or health-care spending account and enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan
- 15 paid days per year for statutory and
- cultural days (Indigenous Peoples Day, Truth and Reconciliation Day, & Louis Riel Day)
- carpool, parking & public transit subsidies (Provincial Office only)
- educational spending account and professional development allowances to provide annual funding to continue lifelong learning and skills upgrade.
- remote workplace supports.
- internal advancement & redeployment opportunities
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations & Administration, the Manager of Events is primarily responsible for leading and overseeing all aspects of event planning, execution and follow up from end to end. The role manages a dedicated team of event planning professionals and works closely with MNBC Leadership to collaborate with key ministries, departments, stakeholders, partners, communities, and citizens to ensure all MNBC events are successfully executed.
The position leads all aspects of event logistics from planning to execution including liaising with key stakeholders, creating event budgets, sourcing venues, negotiating contracts, event timelines, coordination of on-site plans, and key learnings. The incumbent exercises considerable independent judgment and action in their daily work and refers complex matters or those of major impact to the Senior Director.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Event Logistics & Operations
- Develops, implements, and forecasts a short/long-term events calendar that aligns with the goals and objectives identified in MNBC’s strategic plan or other guiding documents such as an events strategy.
- Leads, formalizes, and reports on post-event debriefs and implements key learnings for future events.
- Responsible for setting and managing event protocols and processes to ensure consistency and continuity for internal and external events.
- Develops and tracks sponsorship agreements and actively pursues opportunities for event sponsorship throughout the year.
- Represents MNBC at community events provincially to engage the public about MNBC’s programs and services, as required.
- Manages and oversees all aspects of event logistics including planning, production, program run-of-show, and workplans for all internal and external-facing events (in-person, hybrid, and virtual).
- Utilizes industry best practices, analyzes trends to stay current through networking, research, and training to ensure that MNBC continues to deliver events that add value, and analyzes risks (i.e., contract negotiations/obligations, historical data/lessons learned).
- Manages financial resources including vendor contract negotiations, event budgets, and event expenditures.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to curate culturally appropriate events aligned with goals and objectives and executes events in an effective and cost-efficient manner.
- Develops event programs, organizes exhibitors/artisans, speakers or performers, arranges any food and beverage service, manages or coordinates audio-visual and technical production, and manages participant registration.
- Conducts pre-event site inspections and provides operational management for events ensuring key outcomes are achieved.
- Leads the development of all required event materials (speaking notes, event merchandise, printed or promotional material, and PowerPoint presentations) to ensure consistency across the organization while increasing brand and cultural experiences.
- Works with the communications team to create event related web content, social media posts and content, including email communications.
- Provides leadership and guidance (human resources) to the events team including hiring, training and development of staff, annual performance reviews, and approval of leave requests.
- Manages external consultants or contractors as required throughout the events process.
- Forecasts, manages, tracks, and reconciles budgets for events.
- Creates and maintains an events dashboard for reporting out to Senior Management reporting.
- Continually seeks out sponsorship, partnership, or grant opportunities with government agencies, public bodies, private corporations, or other entities for the benefit of MNBC.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, or a related field. A combination of relevant experience, education, and training may be considered.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in an events management or related role, including experience in a supervisory role, preferably in a non-profit, government, or Indigenous organization.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation is an asset.
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture, history, and issues affecting Métis people in British Columbia.
- Experience in the delivery of large-scale corporate events.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing including experience writing complex proposals, grants, plans, and budgets and reviewing/vetting event contracts (venues, vendors, and service providers)
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven ability to utilize, adapt and embrace new technologies, including advanced user of Microsoft Office 365, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint other databases/software required by the role.
- Experience using online meeting and webinar platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with online event platforms such as Pheedloop, Swoogo, and CVent.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to help ensure the efficient operation of MNBC.
- There will be a need to attend meetings and events which may require work and travel outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
The above requirements are what MNBC is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change based on needs.
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants who self-identify as Indigenous (First Nation, Métis or Inuit). All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATES MUST APPLY using “Manager of Events - #23-051” in the subject line of the email. Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Senior Director, Operations & Administration
Métis Nation British Columbia
Email: [email protected]
Education : Bachelor’s degree
Experience : 5 years or more