New Job Logistics Clerk In Manitoba
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $35,840–$40,852 a year
Location : Manitoba
CL2 Clerk 2
Department of Health
Department Services, Insurance
Advertisement Number: 40690
Salary(s): CL2 $35,840.00 - $40,852.00 per year
Closing Date: April 30, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
This competition may be used to establish an eligibility list to fill current and future term or regular full-time similar positions.
The Department of Health is currently seeking a Logistics Clerk for the Corporate Services Team. This team ensures staff have the right space, services, tools and training to do their jobs. This includes oversight of workplace safety and health initiatives, coordination of staff orientation and training, central mailroom/courier operations, security planning and oversight, procurement and storage of supplies and equipment, central coordination and procurement of information and communication technology solutions and assets (computers, laptops, phones, etc.), parking coordination and fleet management.
To be considered for this competition, you must submit both the application form and your resume. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Please click here to access application form
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must be able to physically perform duties, including standing for long periods and occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Experience providing administrative and clerical support in an office environment, including data entry, coordinating, tracking and monitoring requests, inventory, processing documents, answering routine inquiries, and mail duties.
- Strong customer service skills to manage client expectations and provide courteous and respectful support.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage competing and rapidly changing priorities with strict timelines.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills to identify process gaps and recommend solutions for continuous improvement.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships within a team and a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience working with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams) or equivalent software.
Reporting to Manager of Operations and working as part of the Logistics team, the Logistics Clerk is responsible for shipping and receiving all materials or products for the staff of Manitoba Health and Mental Health. The materials received are checked for accuracy, quantity and damage, while materials shipped are packaged securely and sent in the most economic and effective manner. This position also provides general assistance to the Logistics team including responding to technology requisitions and operating a large postage stamp machine for high volume mail.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Please click here to access application form
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.