New Job Fleet Programs Manager In Saskatchewan
|Fleet Programs Manager
Fleet Programs Manager
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $7,755–$10,080 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Highways has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a highly motivated, innovative, well-organized and committed leader as Fleet Programs Manager in the Provincial Operational Services Branch of the Operation and Maintenance Division.
Reporting to the Executive Director you will manage provincial planning and programs to support operation of the Ministry's fleet of light and heavy equipment including manufacturing engineering; asset management engineering, a growing leasing program; and adoption of advancements in Automatic Vehicle Location technology.
In this position you will:
- Plan, develop and direct the provincial fleet preventative maintenance program to enable the optimization of fleet equipment in order to meet or exceed target values for reliability and service life;
- Direct the development, use, and management of the provincial platform for vehicle location and sensor outputs;
- Manage the procurement of licences and permits for the provincial fleet of on-highway vehicles; provide central co-ordination of the supply and administration for vehicles leased through Central Vehicle Agency (CVA); and manage goods and service contracts;
- Approve equipment lease, repair and disposal decisions in alignment with the Fleet Asset Management plan and Minor Capital Equipment program;
- Identify opportunities to improve Safety within the Ministry;
- Represent Fleet Services at the management table as well as at cross-jurisdictional forums and will Co-chair the Equipment Standards Committee
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to respond to client needs and manage changes that involve multiple stakeholders. The candidate of choice will possess the demonstrated ability to make prudent and timely administrative and technical decisions for a large organization.
To qualify, you must be registered as Professional Engineer or appropriate Licensee with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) or possess an equivalent designation, with several years of experience and knowledge of financial, operational, and administrative management. Additional education and experience in business and management accounting will be an asset.
Our core values include showing respect and integrity, serving citizens, excellence and innovation and acting as one team. We demonstrate these in our daily behaviours.