New Job Executive Coordinator In Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $4,129–$5,371 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Sector Management and Relations Branch is recruiting a highly-motivated, efficient, and well-organized professional for the position of Executive Coordinator to lead a high-performing administrative team. Our candidate of choice will be a self-starter, attentive to detail and capable of meeting new challenges while supporting an inclusive team environment.
The Sector Management and Relations Branch supports the work of Saskatchewan’s universities, federated colleges, technical training institutions, private vocational schools, and the Saskatchewan Higher Education Quality Assurance Board to advance post-secondary, ministry, and government goals. Working with these institutions, the Branch is focused on providing opportunities for all students to prepare them to live, work and learn in Saskatchewan. We work to foster a high-quality post-secondary education and training system that responds to the needs of Saskatchewan people and economy.
As the Executive Coordinator, you will provide executive level administrative leadership and office management support to the Executive Director and team. Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will also:
- Managing the Executive Director’s calendar through collaboration, prioritization and scheduling;
- Assembling all briefing and background materials for the Executive Director in preparation for meetings;
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating travel and logistics for meetings, training sessions and other events;
- Monitoring administrative processes and making improvements across the division to ensure optimum efficiency;
- Drafting, recording, proofreading and/or editing a variety of correspondence in accordance with Ministry and Government of Saskatchewan (GOS) written and visual identity standards;
- Participating in and coordinating management meetings including drafting and distributing agendas; recording minutes; and, tracking and monitoring action items to ensure timelines are met;
- Managing incoming and outgoing correspondence ensuring proper distribution;
- Leading, supervising and coaching up to four administrative staff in the branch;
- Maintaining manual and electronic filing, bring forward and records management systems;
- Verifying, coding, processing and tracking invoices and p-card purchases for approval and payment ensuring policy compliance;
- Ordering supplies and handling office equipment repairs and furniture replacement.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced senior administrative professional who is:
- Independent, superior judgment, discretion, and confident in order to organize, prioritize and proficiently complete multiple tasks while dealing with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines;
- Proficient in purchase card administration and monitoring expenditures;
- Approachable and collaborative in order to build strong working relationships;
- An exceptional communicator both verbally and in writing,;
- Innovative in order to identify and make process improvement recommendations;
- Thorough and accurate with exceptional attention to detail to ensure quality work; and,
- Adaptable in order to meet new challenges as they arise.
Typically, the knowledge and experience required to achieve the above is obtained through:
- A combination of formal education in business or office administration, combined with senior level administrative work experience; and,
- Extensive experience using a variety of computer software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
What We Offer
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave;
- Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities; and,
- Flexible work arrangements.
Note: Candidates that apply may be considered for future permanent and temporary similar positions.