New Job Director, Financial And Administrative Services In Saskatchewan
|Director, Financial and Administrative Services|
Director, Financial and Administrative Services
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $7,755–$10,080 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Public Service Commission is seeking a results-oriented leader as Director, Financial and Administrative Services. This permanent position in the Corporate Services Division leads a team responsible for the organization’s financial services (budget, forecast, accounting, financial reporting, procurement) and key administrative functions (accommodations, parking, information technology coordination, emergency planning, records management).
Reporting to the Executive Director, Corporate Services Division, the successful candidate will:
- Build and lead a diverse team capable of handling competing priorities in a supportive and inclusive environment;
- Develop strong relationships with leaders across the Public Service Commission using clear and honest communication;
- Provide financial and accounting advice and expertise to areas regarding government accounting policies, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and legislation;
- Lead the development of the commission’s budget and facilitate strategic decision making through the production and analyses of financial forecasts;
- Ensure service excellence in the delivery of administrative services; and
- Identify process improvements and motivate staff across the organization to implement those improvements.
Our candidate of choice must be a resilient leader who has the following skillset:
- Proven capability to deliver key financial and operational strategic advice, annual budget, forecasts and policies to meet the organization’s needs;
- Leadership strengths that promote employee wellness, inclusion, engagement and foster an innovative and collaborative environment;
- A solid track record of building and maintaining credible, collaborative relationships by understanding, involving, engaging, and clearly communicating to diverse stakeholders;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-based environment with excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated consensus-building skills and team-building skills with a preference to mentor and develop staff to a high level of accountability;
- The ability to be deal with confidential or sensitive issues with diplomacy and tact; and
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills to communicate and influence a variety of stakeholders.
To qualify for this exciting leadership position, the candidate will have:
- A professional accounting designation with a degree in business administration, accounting or similar course of study;
- Three or more years of experience with government resource management, budget and forecast processes; and
- Three or more years of experience managing people.
Knowledge of human resource management would be an additional asset.
What we offer
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension
- Vacation, scheduled days off (SDO) and other types of leave (maternity/paternity/adoption, family/personal leave, sick leave)
- Inclusive work environments
- Advancement opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements
Applicants must submit both a cover letter and a resume as part of their application.