New Job Business Consultant Associate (Entry Level) - Cic Fredericton In New Brunswick
|Business Consultant Associate (Entry Level) - CIC Fredericton|
Business Consultant Associate (Entry Level) - CIC Fredericton
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, we know technology. But technology is only as good as the results it delivers. Are you interested and adept in application development methodology and tools? The IBM Client Innovation Centre (CIC): New Brunswick occupies a unique position in the IT marketplace – at the intersection of business and technology.
In this role, you'll work in our IBM Client Innovation Center (CIC), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. These delivery centers offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology.
As a member of our team, you will help IBM clients solve some of their most challenging business problems, capitalize on market opportunities and achieve real value in today’s tough economy.
We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network, and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash their potential, a Business Consultant role is for you.
- Have graduated no earlier than 2021, and will be graduating no later than 2023
- Have an Associate’s Degree, College Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, or Master’s Degree by date of employment
- Exception: This program does not accept MBA or PhD candidates/graduates
- Have no more than 2 years of full-time professional related work experience
- Be eligible to work in Canada without current or future needs for visa sponsorship
- Be willing and able to live and work in New Brunswick, with minimal travel anticipated
We have a variety of Business Consultant opportunities available at IBM CIC Halifax including:
At IBM, our Project Delivery team excels by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost and deliverables for key leading Canadian clients. If you want to grow a career in Project Delivery, come start your journey with IBM as a Project Control Officer!
Project Control Officer Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting with administering and controlling all aspects of the project including the project plan, project documents, time reporting and financial controls.
- Assist in maintaining project schedules, meeting minutes, develop and maintain issue logs and project documentation repositories.
- Develop presentation documents as required for project teams and consolidate project status reports.
- Producing month-end project financial reports in collaboration with corporate project financial controller.
- Assist in onboarding and offboarding of project resources.
Business Analysts deal with big data and analytics to help our clients ensure they are working most effectively by analyzing their processes and procedures to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions. As a Business Analyst you will also work very closely with the Software Testers.Business Analyst Roles and Responsibilities :
- Responsible for documenting processes
- Providing proactive, focused attention to assigned clients to help them get maximum value from their IBM solutions
- Responsible for documenting the requirements using Business Analyst tools such as JIRA, confluence, ALM, blueprint, excel
- Identifying business requirements
- Analyzing defects uncovered during the various testing phases and identifying the resolution
PeopleSoft is an Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system with a focus on HR, payroll and accounting modules. If you are eager to use your accounting and HR skills to improve our client's work flows then start your career off in PeopleSoft as a Junior Functional Analyst working with our keystone government client! Candidates interested in Oracle PeopleSoft MUST be eligible for Federal Government security clearance & MUST be available for shift work and on call support work in order to serve IBM's client.
Functional Analyst Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining system administration tasks on the PeopleSoft application
- Supporting accounting, payroll & HR tasks on the PeopleSoft ERP application
- Working with large databases from the client
SAP Functional career paths include:
- Human Capital Management and SuccessFactors: Learn all the functions involved in managing the employee lifecycle from recruiting to separation
- Finance and Controls: Learn how companies manage their financial records using SAP.
- Logistics and Material Management: Learn how SAP helps clients manage their supply chain
Functional SAP Consultant Roles and Responsibilities :
- Learn all the Human Resources functions involved in managing the employee lifecycle from recruiting to separation.
- Learn how companies manage their financial records using SAP.
- Learn how SAP helps clients manage their supply chain, procurement, finance, or human capital management
- Use consulting skills & business knowledge to effectively integrate technology into the client's business environment in order to achieve client expected business results.
- Assists clients in the selection, implementation, and support of the SAP HR module
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Business Consultant Required & Preferred Skills:
- You have strong excel skills and enjoy making meaningful evaluations of a given set of data (tables, excel files etc.)
- You have excellent domain, oral and written communication skills, relationship management, and issue management skills
- You enjoy working in a team environment with team members of a diverse background and skill set along with being comfortable working on your own to complete individual assigned tasks
- You enjoy working with the public and have demonstrated excellent customer experience skills
- You will have demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to communicate with multiple levels of management and executives
- You have the ability to learn new processes, coach and direct team members
- You enjoy problem solving and delivering innovative solutions to complex problems that address client needs
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Please refer to the job description.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM