New Job Analyst, Community Business In British Columbia
|Analyst, Community Business
Analyst, Community Business
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
The Analyst, Community Business is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate analysis of information from borrowers and guarantors to determine risk involved in lending money to new and existing small business. You will provide high quality business loan underwriting advice and service that will enable the meeting of member needs, achievement of departmental business goals and support of social, environmental and community impact transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Provide guidance, advice and collaborate with Account Managers to underwrite high-quality new business credit applications.
- Work effectively with the Regional Managers and Risk Managers to achieve timely delivery of credit approvals.
Accompany Account Managers on member meetings to participate in discussions on financial/structural aspects of new loan requests.
- Perform annual reviews of existing credit facilities to evaluate members’ business performance with respect to covenants.
- Provide technical advice and expertise to Associate Analysts in order to foster professional development.
- Monitor, analyze and review new and existing Community Business Member accounts including loans (annual reviews), deposits and their supporting documentation to enable Community Business to effectively mitigate Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing risks.
- Must be able to accurately calculate and analyze figures and amounts included in financial statements and then provide a clear summary of those calculations
- Self-motivated and willing to work with little direction at times but must also be willing to work closely with others as required
- Able to work on several tasks at once and/or switch quickly from one task to another and must be able to work under pressure and with established deadlines
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or similar experience.
Pay Band: 6
Posting Deadline: Please apply by 4:00 PM, April 26, 2023
- We are the largest private-sector Living Wage Employer in Canada and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Employers in Canada
- Our permanent employees qualify for attractive benefit packages that can be customized and changed each year to meet their evolving needs
- New employees receive between three and four weeks of vacation allowance per calendar year, and the number of vacation days grows — to a maximum of six weeks per year — as their length of service increases. In addition, full-time, permanent staff can purchase up to six extra days of vacation through our flexible benefits package.
- In addition to the 10 statutory holidays in British Columbia, Vancity provides an additional three statutory holidays. We offer care days for periods of short-term personal illness or emergency family illness, plus opportunities to take unpaid leave for a variety of reasons.
- We understand that retirement means different things to different people and at Vancity we offer retirement programs to meet diverse needs
At Vancity we’re committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace to help our people and communities thrive and prosper. Diversity in our workforce is integral so that we can truly represent, understand and respond to our community needs and deliver on our member experience.
As part of this commitment we are taking action to learn more about our applicants and ask that you complete a short and anonymous Diversity Survey that will influence the design and execution of Vancity’s overall DEI initiatives and programs, one of which aims to advance our commitment to become a financial force for change and build a fair world. Please click this hyperlink to complete the Diversity Survey. Your responses are collected anonymously and will never be linked to your job application.
Please note that all shortlisted candidates for this role will be required to complete a background check which includes resume verification, credit check, criminal record check. Vancity is an inclusive and equitable employer and actively seeks to advance racial equity, inclusion and belonging across the organization. Vancity offers required accommodations in all stages of the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please advise us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.