New Job Registered Nurse - Virtual Care In Newfoundland And Labrador
|Registered Nurse - Virtual Care
Registered Nurse - Virtual Care
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Virtual Care Registered Nurse
We are looking for Registered Nurses to work from home anywhere in Newfoundland and Labrador! We are looking for experienced and dependable Registered Nurse who are dedicated to providing quality nursing care and mental health, addictions and crisis intervention to callers. If you are a Registered Nurse who is looking for a challenge and a company who values you, apply today!
Who We Are
Founded in 1996, Fonemed seeks to make a positive difference in the healthcare of others through their daily interactions. With a mission "to provide excellence in Nurse Advice, Health Information and Telemedicine for the patients we serve", Fonemed takes pride in its employees, customers and industry partners, providing the highest level of quality and outstanding client experience. We pride ourselves on practicing a Culture of Care in everything we do.
These positions will service Fonemed's Canadian operations via Newfoundland and Labrador's 811 HealthLine and Mental Health Crisis Line. Our Nurses triage patients via telephone using world renowned Schmitt-Thompson protocols and provide nursing care advice virtually to patients. Calls received can vary greatly in subject matter and complexity. Registered Nurses must be attentive and engaged listeners who have strong critical thinking and clinical assessment abilities and are able to make decisions independently and document clear clinical data.
- Provide telephone triage and advice to callers to assist them in making timely medical decisions
- Provide mental health support to callers that could include suicide, addictions and crisis intervention
- Exercise clinical judgement in combination with utilization of protocols to arrive at the appropriate disposition to provide timely and accurate level of care to patients
- Promptly complete confidential medical records as per company documentation standards
- Provide clear and concise information and direction during patient encounters
- Graduation from a recognized School of Nursing
- Minimum of 2 years of recent triage and/or clinical experience in areas such as ER, mental health/psychiatry, behavioural health, ICU, acute care, etc.
- Experience providing mental health, addictions and crisis intervention care to patients would be considered a strong asset
- Active licensure with the CRNNL
- Familiarity with windows-based computer systems
- Comfortable using technology, including telephone systems, software programs, and computer programs
- Shift work including days, evenings, nights, and weekends required
- You must have a private room with a closed door in which you will work
- Your own computer system, headset, and high-speed internet connection
Why Work With Us
We are a growing company who values our greatest resource - our people! We provide an energetic company culture and a welcoming team. We offer our team the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and a competitive compensation package, including health and dental benefits, a company matching RRSP, and a generous paid leave program.
Fonemed is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We appreciate the interest of everyone who applies for the position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit our website at www.fonemed.com.