New Job Paralegal - Managed Legal Services In Alberta
|Paralegal - Managed Legal Services
Paralegal - Managed Legal Services
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Paralegal - Managed Legal Services
- Are you an experienced paralegal?
- Are you seeking a real career opportunity?
- Are you are looking for a rare and unique opportunity to gain broad ranging experience to help you develop your legal career?
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary with great benefits including private medical, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and a bonus day off for your birthday
- A culture of trust, empowerment and autonomy over your work
- Part of a vibrant, forward- thinking team with the support of friendly, approachable partners who encourage and support your career development
- Hybrid working with the option of to be based from either Bristol, Nottingham, Leicester or London hub
- Check out our amazing benefits here
The Managed Legal Services team supports Shakespeare Martineau with legal process management, paralegal support, client discovery, due diligence, discovery, data intelligence, knowledge management and client management services. The role of this team is to help improve efficiencies and the client experience by supporting our fee earning teams.
We have exciting new opportunities for a enthusiastic and driven Paralegals to join our Managed Legal Services Team.
You will support the team in carrying out timely audits on behalf of the client. If time permits, you will also assist with other duties within the wider Managed Legal Services Team.
This roles would suit individuals who have a tenacious and resilient approach to problem solving, who enjoy and work well under pressure, and are looking for excellent development in a collaborative team. You will have exposure to hands-on work from day one, and will play a key role in a thriving team who provide a high quality service at all times.
Your key duties will be:
- basic drafting, negotiation and amendments of documents such as NDA’s (non-disclosure agreements) etc.
- creation of checklists, playbooks and guides
- proofreading and reviewing to ensure consistency across contracts and schedules
- summarising and tracking key terms within contracts
- analysing and inputting legal data
- disclosure and document reviews
- judgement applications
- redaction and pagination
- subject access requests
What you will need:
- a minimum of 6 months’ previous experience in a similar role is preferred.
- previous experience using a case management system is preferred, but not essential
- strong IT skills and accurate typing ability
- a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- a high degree of flexibility and initiative along with excellent organisational and prioritising skills; the ability to adapt and manage priorities at short notice is essential
- the ability to manage multiple stakeholders at all levels
- strong business and commercial acumen is desirable
- enthusiasm, drive and commitment and to be a strong team player
We embrace agile working and offer a blended approach to where and how we work.
We appreciate that people have different needs and preferences and we’re keen to be flexible, after all, we value what you do, not where you do it.
We have hubs in Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Leicester, London, Lincoln, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Solihull, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield. These roles will be based from our hubs in Bristol, Nottingham, Leicester or London, with travel to other UK hubs as and when required, so flexibility to travel is essential.
Please be aware, for some vacancies, where we receive high numbers of applications we may need to bring the close date forward.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. Details of the checks can be found here.
Shakespeare Martineau is a committed equal opportunities employer. We seek to attract, develop and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. We value and respect individuality and encourage a culture within our business where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths and experiences. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, regardless of their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.