New Job Municipal Prosecutor In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $46.38–$62.06 an hour
Location : Alberta
As the Municipal Prosecutor, you will assess and analyze a wide range of evidence and information and prosecutes Bylaw offences on behalf of the City of Calgary. You will also provide services to a diverse community of citizens who are seeking review and/or resolution of their ticket/charge in relation to contraventions under City of Calgary Bylaws and other related provincial legislation. Primary duties include:
- Conduct Bylaw prosecutions in Provincial Traffic Court.
- Lead early case resolution, which includes collaboration with divergent community programs.
- Review files for disclosure and docket preparation.
- Conduct officer enforcement training. Address general enquiries from the public, Members of Council, defense council, and enforcement agencies.
- Prepare documentation related to court functions.
- A degree in Criminology, Sociology, Justice, Political Science, Social Work, Law, Forensic Sciences or a related discipline plus at least 1 year of experience in the justice system.
- Advocacy and presentation in a judicial or quasi-judicial environment would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with clear and effective communication skills.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- A security clearance will be conducted.