New Job Municipal Prosecutor In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $46.38–$62.06 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As the Municipal Prosecutor, you will assess and analyze a wide range of evidence and information and prosecutes Bylaw offences on behalf of the City of Calgary. You will also provide services to a diverse community of citizens who are seeking review and/or resolution of their ticket/charge in relation to contraventions under City of Calgary Bylaws and other related provincial legislation. Primary duties include:
- Conduct Bylaw prosecutions in Provincial Traffic Court.
- Lead early case resolution, which includes collaboration with divergent community programs.
- Review files for disclosure and docket preparation.
- Conduct officer enforcement training. Address general enquiries from the public, Members of Council, defense council, and enforcement agencies.
- Prepare documentation related to court functions.
- A degree in Criminology, Sociology, Justice, Political Science, Social Work, Law, Forensic Sciences or a related discipline plus at least 1 year of experience in the justice system.
- Advocacy and presentation in a judicial or quasi-judicial environment would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with clear and effective communication skills.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- A security clearance will be conducted.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Law
Position Type: 1 Permanent and 1 Temporary (up to 18 months)
Location: 800 Macleod Trail SE
Compensation: Pay Grade 13 $46.38 - 62.06 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: April 5, 2023
Job ID #: 307415