New Job First Nations/Metis/Inuit Candidates - Remote Department Administrator (12-Month Contract) In Manitoba
|First Nations/Metis/Inuit Candidates - Remote Department Administrator (12-Month Contract)|
First Nations/Metis/Inuit Candidates - Remote Department Administrator (12-Month Contract)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
The following job posting and assessment questions were crafted by Kiinago Biinoogi Muskiiki (‘Our Children’s Medicine’ in English) in consultation with Indigenous Elders, Knowledge Keepers and other members of the community. Applications housed on this platform provide a unique opportunity for First Nations, Métis and Inuit job seekers to have the option of sharing their whole selves with potential employers, including their lived experience and transferable skills. For more information, visit ourchildrensmedicine.ca
Are you a First Nations, Metis, or Inuit individual looking for a remote career opportunity? Do you want to work with an inclusive team of problem-solvers?
We're looking for you to join our team as a Remote Department Administrator from anywhere in Canada.
As an Administrator, you'll be providing support to five Vice Presidents in the Retail & Small business Risk team. You'll be arranging and scheduling meetings with various external stakeholders, monitoring, reviewing, and obtaining executive approval for standard expenditures to ensure the activities of the departments are conducted within the established budgets, and submitting expense reports. Additionally, you'll be coordinating and booking travel for Executives as needed, making travel arrangements (flights, hotels, and transportation) and coordinating schedules during travel.
Additionally, your duties include:
Coordinating activities for the successful onboarding of new employees to the Retail & Small Business Risk Canada team
- Providing oversight of Risk Collaboration Hub & Approval Tool users are adhering to standards, procedures, and guidelines and inputs are completed to a high degree of accuracy
- Supporting the successful delivery of specific projects by completing administrative activities that include attending internal coordination and project meetings and documenting meeting minutes, communicating with team members and stakeholders, as well as requesting and following up on information
- Assisting department members as needed, contributing to the overall success of the department
- Understanding how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
Join our team, apply on HigherMe today!
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Self-Identify as First Nations, Metis, or Inuit
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Previous work experience providing administrative support, department administration, and coordination
- Proficient using MS Office (MS Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Eager to work within a team environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Eager to learn new processes and tools
Join Scotiabank and belong to a high-performing team with a passion for success.