|Family Wellness Outreach Worker|
Family Wellness Outreach Worker
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Family Wellness Outreach Worker
MLTC was created by nine First Nations located in north-west Saskatchewan who have constitutionally recognized aboriginal rights and Treaty Rights under Treaties #6, #8 and #10. The primary purpose of MLTC is to serve those First Nations in their aspirations for cultural, economic and political autonomy. As a private sector employer engaged primarily in promoting and serving the interests of the member First Nations, MLTC asserts its right to provide preferential treatment to First Nations people, giving them priority in decisions on employment matters such as hiring, and this can extend to measures such as opening competitions only to First Nations people.
- This competition is open to all applicants; and
- Preference will be given to qualified First Nations applicants or other Indigenous applicants who self-declare as being a First Nations person or of other Indigenous ancestry;
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is now accepting applications for a highly motivated individual to fill a full time, permanent position of Family Wellness Outreach Worker.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work closely with the nine (9) Meadow Lake First Nations communities in the areas of: education, prevention, intervention, and training. The Family Wellness Outreach Worker will also advise and support in addressing issues related to Family and Domestic Violence with the primary focus on decreasing the number of incidents of family and domestic violence.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Promote educate, and strengthen healthy relationships within the family, community and individual support.
- Provide referrals to other agencies or programs and services.
- Work with First Nation Health Directors, health teams, treatment centers to address and deliver programs and services that deal with direct clients in managing conflicts and family issues.
- Utilize First Nation Culture, Traditions and Practice resources to strengthen family dynamics.
- Will provide outreach support to women, men, children, youth and elders impacted by violence.
- Post-secondary education (Certificate, Diploma, Degree) in Human Services, Social Work, Community Health and Wellness.
- Possess experience in community development, counseling, and facilitation.
- Possess knowledge in family dynamics; child abuse/neglect indicators/affects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Work within a team setting and independently.
- Be familiar with and understand First Nation barriers/issues/culture.
- Ability to speak Cree/Dene is considered a valuable asset.
All interested applicants are invited to submit: a letter of intent (cover letter), resume detailing qualifications and experience, copies of credentials, current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance (Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check), copy of valid driver’s license, and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654. Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Josette Couillonneur, Community Wellness Director at (306) 236-5817. Also, visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Wednesday, March 22, 2023
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-03-22