New Job Facility Service Worker In Saskatchewan
|Facility Service Worker|
Facility Service Worker
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $19.50–$24.44 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement, Property Management, Southern Region, has an opportunity for a Facility Service Worker position located in Moose Jaw. The successful candidate will provide a variety of maintenance and client service request duties in government buildings located in Moose Jaw but primarily at Saskatchewan Polytechnic.
Under the direction of the Building Operator, you will be responsible for:
- providing the day-to-day maintenance of the heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems;
- maintaining a preventative maintenance schedule on mechanical equipment;
- performing daily minor maintenance in the building;
- ensuring that the sidewalks, roadways and parking lots are clear of ice and snow during the winter months to ensure the safety of clients and the public;
- providing security of the building when on shift;
- performing assigned client requests; and
- performing assigned building and grounds maintenance duties.
You must be in good physical condition to perform a variety of manual activities. The successful candidate will be required to operate heavy-duty grounds equipment, climb ladders and lift heavy objects. You must possess a valid driver’s licence and a Fireman’s Certificate (or the ability to obtain within 6 months). Preference will be given to candidates with at least a valid fireman’s certificate from TSASK.
The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of building and grounds operations and maintenance. You will also have the ability to perform minor building repairs and maintenance and to inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot and repair problems to restore operation.
Days of rest are Wednesday and Thursday for every third Friday as EDO.
The Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement offers dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity and diversity. Also, the Saskatchewan public service offers many employment advantages.
SaskBuilds and Procurement: where infrastructure, procurement, real property, facility management, logistics and information technology meet to enable the Government of Saskatchewan’s Growth Plan and programs and services for citizens and communities. For more information regarding Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement, please visit our website: SaskBuilds and Procurement | Ministries | Government of Saskatchewan.