|Community Recreation Consultant|
Community Recreation Consultant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $80,913–$93,848 a year
Location : Yukon
This is a full-time permanent position, working 75 hours bi-weekly.
Community Services is working to build vibrant, healthy and sustainable Yukon communities. The department does this through the provision of a diverse range of services to Yukon communities. We are committed to our core values. At Community Services we believe Respect is the foundation of our organization, Collaboration is achieved through inclusive approaches and sharing of diverse perspectives, Service Excellence is the standard for all our interactions, and Integrity is achieved through honest, committed and accountable public service.
Reporting to the Director of Sport and Recreation, the Community Recreation Consultant fosters and supports the development of Yukon people and communities through the effective and responsible delivery of sport, recreation and active living opportunities throughout the Yukon. This consultant should have a strong understanding of the benefits of sport, recreation and active living, and able to provide on-going consultative services to Yukon-wide local authorities, recreation boards/departments and sport and recreation organizations.
For more information about this position or the application process, please contact Lauren Teiman, Human Resource Consultant at [email protected]
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications Ensure a month/year format is used for each work experience. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- University degree in Recreation, Sport or a related field.
- Experience in developing, planning and managing projects or programs related to sport & recreation.
- Experience working with rural or remote communities, underrepresented groups and/or aboriginal groups.
- Experience in developing and delivering public presentations, workshops and courses.
- Experience working with funding applications and managing budgets.
- Experience working with Non-Profit Organizations, First Nations Governments and/or Municipalities.
Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on their:
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work with volunteers and community organizations/groups in a variety of roles and the ability to develop and strengthen partnerships and stakeholder relationships.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and supportively within a small dynamic team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Sound research and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of sport and recreation plans and strategies, Yukon sport and recreation sector, its key organizations, structure, and relevant issues and opportunities.
- Familiar with areas of local governance, including roles and responsibilities of recreation authorities in incorporated and unincorporated communities.
Condition(s) of Employment: Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s licence (or equivalent).
Job Requirement(s): Must be willing and able to travel, work evenings, weekends & on short notice.