|BAND 4 - Director - Amended closing date|
BAND 4 - Director - Amended closing date
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $96,400–$128,100 a year
Location : British Columbia
A leadership role on a high profile and dynamic team that works in both the criminal investigation and civil litigation environment
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of the Civil Forfeiture Office (CFO), the Director is operationally responsible for commencing civil forfeiture proceedings in the BC Supreme Court against property which is either the proceeds of, or an instrument of, unlawful activity. This work requires an in depth understanding of evidence acquired through both the criminal and civil process and requires a close collaboration with legal counsel in order to ensure these civil actions are effectively managed to a successful conclusion.
The Director is also administratively responsible for supporting the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of CFO operations. These initiatives include (1) identifying improvements to the Civil Forfeiture Act (CFA) and associated regulations, (2) developing training and marketing programs to law enforcement agencies, (3) financial management of assets associated to the civil proceedings and (4) overseeing an effective communication plan for the CFO. The Director is responsible for leading the CFO when the Executive Director is unavailable and these duties can include providing advice and support to the Assistant Deputy Minister, the Deputy Solicitor General and the Solicitor General as required.
- A Law Degree, an accounting designation (CPA), or a Masters’ Degree in a relevant discipline plus at least 3 of the related work experience criteria listed below; OR
- A post secondary degree in a relevant discipline plus all of the related work experience criteria listed below:
Related work experience:
- Two years experience managing a large and complex file caseload similar to what exists in a law enforcement agency, law firm or accounting firm environment;
- Two years experience researching, analyzing, developing and delivering complex legislative initiatives or program reforms;
- Two years experience developing and delivering internal policies, procedures and training;
- Two years experience using a project management framework to deliver on the defined goals of an organization;
- Two years experience working in a team environment including working with a large number and variety of stakeholders at various levels and in various forums (informal working groups and formal working committees);
- Two years experience in developing and delivering effective communication plans to senior government officials, or senior private industry professionals, or the media, or the general public.
- Two years experience developing marketing and training initiatives and delivering these initiatives to a variety of professional audiences.
- Preference may be given to those who have a Law Degree, an accounting designation (CPA), or a Masters’ Degree in a relevant discipline combined with all related work experience.
- Preference may also be given to applicants who have direct experience in financial or forensic accounting investigations.
For questions regarding this position, please contact [email protected]
About this Position:
Amendment March 8, 2023: Closing date extended until March 30, 2023.
There is currently a temporary opportunity available until approximately January 2024.
An eligibility list for future temporary and/or permanent positions may be established.
This position is excluded from union membership.
Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact [email protected] or 778-405-3452.
How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.
Cover Letter: YES - A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) - You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.