|Analyst, Operations Data Integrity (Volume)|
Analyst, Operations Data Integrity (Volume)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Job Requisition Id: 166421
Business Function: Operations Support
Primary City: St-Laurent
Employment Type: Temporary - New
Employment Status: Temporary
Language Requirement: Bilingual Imperative (BBBB)
Employee Class and Level: UPCEA05
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY):03/14/2023
All qualified candidates will be considered however preference will be given to Indigenous people (First Nations, Metis or Inuit) or persons with a disability. This is a special measure employment equity initiative and candidates from this group who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
Collects, compiles and processes information related to volumes in mail operations activities and for the distribution of performance indicators to clients through appropriate reports. Ensures that accurate records and documentation are maintained, and that all documents are cross-referenced to ensure data accuracy and integrity.Provides analysis and interpretation of data, including anomalies, trends and forecasting, and estimates financial and performance impacts of operational decisions. Ensures that data is reported in a clear and understandable fashion appropriate to it’s intended users, and works closely with end users to ensure reports are understood and any questions or concerns are responded to.
- Reviews and maintains systems, procedures and documentation current to reflect any changes in mail flows or processes. Performs audits to verify compliance to processes and standards and takes appropriate corrective action when issues are discovered.
- Coordinates activities related to data collection, recording and reporting for the mail processing, collection and delivery, and retail operations groups. Ensures that all data is verified, and applies knowledge of mail operations to ensure that data and reporting errors are immediately identified and appropriate corrective action is taken. Verifies performance measurements and operations statistics against standards to identify operational problems and recommend solutions.
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- Provides feedback, training and support for the Operations community as well as colleagues in the work unit in data systems utilization and proper procedures. Identifies system and user deficiencies and liaises as necessary with others to facilitate resolution of the deficiencies, including developing job aids to address the issues. Works closely with management team and employees to increase their comfort and efficiency at providing and interpreting corporate data.
Communicates with internal groups to explain and discuss changes in the methods of collecting, sampling or auditing data and provides expert advice to the management team on options and alternatives to current practice. Acts as a focal point for communication of HO policies and procedures related to performance indicators, systems and reporting.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of corporate software and systems in order to efficiently generate and maintain various reports, spreadsheets, databases, charts, communications and presentation materials.
- May be required to contact internal or external suppliers all general equipment in the work area, and for ensuring that such equipment is repaired or replaced in a timely manner, or, where circumstances dictate, that the situation is reported and escalated as appropriate.
- Completion of secondary school according to provincial standards or equivalent (GED) is required, AND
- Completion of post-secondary (College/University) course(s) in a related field is required.
- 2-4 years of related work experience is required.
Other Candidate Requirements
- Good knowledge of product specifications and rates, mail operations and mail.
- Good knowledge and ability to apply up to date techniques and practices in data collection, analysis, reporting and statistical analysis.
- Background in production management reporting/cost accounting/statistical analysis.
- Superior database management.
- Good understanding of MS Excel, MS Access, SAP R3 and SAP BW.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing.
Temporary assignment of 2 years
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post will represent Canada’s diversity and provide a safe and welcoming workplace that embraces and celebrates our differences. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous People, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Disability is defined as a persistent or episodic physical, sensory, or mental health condition and/or functional limitation. Disability includes both visible and hidden conditions and/or limitations that may impact vision, hearing, mobility, flexibility, dexterity, pain, learning, developmental, mental/psychological, and memory.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds themselves and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
We value diversity as an essential part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future. We believe that attracting, developing, and retaining people who reflect the diversity of Canada is essential to our success because this matters to all communities and customers we serve.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.