New Job 23-010E - Pool Maintenance Worker (Full Time) In British Columbia
|23-010e - Pool Maintenance Worker (Full Time)|
23-010e - Pool Maintenance Worker (Full Time)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $32.43 an hour
Location : British Columbia
The City of Port Coquitlam’s Recreation Department is currently seeking a positive, enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our team as a full-time Pool Maintenance Worker. The successful applicant will be responsible for the operation, maintenance, and janitorial care of recreation complexes including indoor and outdoor pools and their associated buildings and facilities.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You have experience performing janitorial and custodial duties, ensuring recreation facilities are maintained at an established level of cleanliness and sanitation at all times
- You have experience inspecting, operating and maintaining a variety of pool maintenance equipment
- You have experience supervising staff
- You have two years full-time equivalent experience in pool maintenance and building maintenance
- You have BCRPA Pool Operator Level 1 and 2, or equivalent training recognized by other provincial bodies.
- You have Building Service Worker Certificate (approved minimum 16-hour course)
- You have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- You have a valid Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certification
Why should you consider working for us?
- We take our work seriously but not ourselves
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform
- We care deeply about our community
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace
The 2022 rate of pay for this full-time position is $32.43 per hour plus a comprehensive benefit package upon successful completion of a four-month probationary period. The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement.
The City of Port Coquitlam is committed to the health, safety and well-being of employees. All external applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire. The City will consider its obligations under the BC Human Rights Code to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online by March 27, 2023 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number 23-010e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.