New Job Visitor Information Centre Supervisor In Yukon
|Visitor Information Centre Supervisor|
Visitor Information Centre Supervisor
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $31.59–$36.54 an hour
Location : Yukon
This is a full-time seasonal position (as per Article 15.24 of the Collective Agreement between Government of Yukon and The Public Service Alliance of Canada effective January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2021). The position works 70 hours bi-weekly typically from late April to early October.
An eligibility list will be established for 12 months and may be used to staff identical or similar too positions in any of Tourism and Culture’s Visitor Centres in the territory.
At Tourism and Culture, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated to Yukon’s vibrant tourism, arts, heritage and culture, historic sites, and archival communities. We are passionate about our pride in Yukon, the beauty of its land, the character of its people, and the uniqueness of its history and culture.
Reporting to the Manager, Visitor Services, the Visitor Information Centre (VIC) Supervisor is responsible for managing the information centre and providing information to the public regarding facilities, programs, and activities throughout the Yukon. As Supervisor you will manage the day-to-day operations of the centre, including its staff. You will also play an integral part in welcoming visitors, responding to visitor’s questions, providing information and directions, and offering suggestions on where and how visitors can enjoy their stay. You will assist in the maintenance and basic security of the VIC, maintain and operate the computer equipment and perform other duties to ensure visitors are provided the very best in client service.
For more information about this position, please contact Geof Harries, Manager of Visitor Services, at [email protected].
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Julie Jakesta, Manager, Human Resources, at [email protected].
Please do not email resumes to the email address above; resumes may only be accepted through the E-Recruitment application system. To create your E-Recruitment account, click here.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. If you have these qualifications, ensure you clearly expand upon them (for each applicable employer) in your resume using the year/month format.
- Considerable experience providing customer service to the public, preferably in a tourism industry-based environment;
- Considerable experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-based environment with interruptions and changing priorities;
- Experience working with and responding to inquiries from multicultural/multilingual clients (in person, by phone or via email);
- Experience working with various computer software, e.g. Microsoft Outlook and Word as well as web browsers on iPads;
- Experience scheduling shifts and managing people;
- Ability to speak a second language (French, German or Spanish) would be an asset.
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above will be equally considered.
Before applying, you may want to refer to our sample resume to assist you in submitting your application.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong client service orientation;
- Respectful, courteous and inclusive approach to working within a team environment;
- Knowledge of Yukon history, First Nations history, culture and geography, including highways, communities, and attractions and events throughout the Territory;
- Computer skills (preferably Microsoft Word and Excel, and web browsers).
- Willingness to wear and maintain a uniform;
- Shift work including weekends and statutory holidays;
- Stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50lbs;
- Willingness to travel for annual spring training.
Learn more about us!
To learn more about the Yukon government, check out: The Talent Attraction Brochure and Working at the Yukon government.
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out: Travel Yukon.