|Track Flagman / Maintainer - Ottawa|
Track Flagman / Maintainer - Ottawa
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
Reporting to a Track Supervisor, the Track Maintainer/Flagman is responsible for the execution of various railway track maintenance and/or track rehabilitation activities in a group of 2 to 5 employees. This is a full-time permanent opportunity based out of Ottawa, Ontario.
Key Responsibilities and Functions
- Vegetation Control (grass/brush) using gas powered hand equipment;
- Repair of deficiencies in the track structure under the direction of a Track foreman;
- Removal and replacement of defective rails, railway crossties, rail fastenings and other rail infrastructure components;
- Maintenance of at grade public and private road crossings;
- Minor repairs to asphalt surface of at grade public road crossings;
- Assist in unloading ballast and distributing track material;
- Installation of signage within railway right of way;
- Minor repairs to right of way fencing;
- Snow clearing from railway turnouts (switches) and other key track and right of way components – Winter;
- Maintain various hand tools for assigned work
- Operation of medium duty equipment (if qualified);
- Other related tasks as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 3 years of previous Railway experience in a comparable role;
- Valid driver’s license of “G” classification (Ontario) or higher;
- Ability to read/write/speak English;
- Safety minded work ethic;
- Ability to work autonomously and adapt to different situations
- Demonstrate good teamwork and maintain positive interactions with others
- Transportation to starting work location;
- Must be able endure repetitive physical work activities and lift and carry approximately 60lbs;
- Good understanding in track standards and track safety requirements (asset);
- Computer skills (office suites, form entry, other) (asset);
- Trade Training and certification applicable to the position (asset);
- Ability to read/write/speak French (asset);
- Safety Training and certifications (asset);
- Available to work on various work cycles with occasional overtime
- Willingness and ability to work both day, evening shifts and weekends
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
Siemens Mobility is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Making a difference together we raised $$385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.