|Tax Staff - US Tax - London|
Tax Staff - US Tax - London
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
As a Tax Staff, you will be a part of US Compliance and Reporting Practice. We help our clients identify and solve their US compliance obligations and assist them in successfully aligning all of the different areas of taxation into a benefit-driven strategy. You will be offered excellent opportunities for training, learning and career advancement.
Your key responsibilities
Tax Staff in our U.S. Tax practice participate in multiple and challenging tax engagements and to contribute to the delivery of compliance services and innovative tax planning ideas for our diverse clients.
Core elements of the role include
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of tax concepts and application of tax knowledge as it relates to U.S. Corporate Federal and state income tax compliance and U.S. income tax provision review / U.S. income tax provision preparation
- Preparing and reviewing U.S. corporate and partnership tax returns for multinational clients and U.S. income tax provisions for both public and private companies.
- Conducting tax research at federal and state levels, thoroughly analyzing U.S. cross-border tax issues and drafting technical memos related to specific client matters
- Developing and delivering innovative tax planning ideas with timely and responsive services and work product that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Preparing practical and creative solutions to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions.
- Developing tax recommendations and implementation plans.
- Making informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas.
- Establishing and maintaining long-term working relationships with clients.
- Pursuing and sharing knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery.
- Identifying and selling opportunities for tax planning and other special services.
- Leverage technology to continually maximize productivity.
- Participating in national initiatives.
- Encouraging communication and effectively supervising team members.
- Participating in recruiting efforts when necessary.
- Contributing to a flexible, stable and team-oriented working culture that fosters personal development.
To qualify for the role you must have
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 1 year of experience in US Tax
- Initiated studies towards, or have intention to pursue the US CPA or US Enrolled Agent credential
- Excellent analytical abilities and a high attention to detail
- A commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills enabling you to work with tight deadlines
- A process-oriented nature with excellent documentation abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional services environment
- Mature, proactive, committed, highly motivated and driven team player
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.