New Job Summer Student (Junior Sap Business Analyst) In Nova Scotia
|Summer Student (Junior SAP Business Analyst)
Summer Student (Junior SAP Business Analyst)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $17.25–$28.12 an hour
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Public Works
Type of Employment: Student
Union Status: Exclusion - Non Union - NSPG
Closing Date: 3/10/2023 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
Building and maintaining our provincial infrastructure is no small job. We’re recruiting for summer students to help our province achieve big things!
At the Department of Public Works, we manage 23,000 kilometers of roads and highways and 4,100 bridges across Nova Scotia. We also maintain 2,400 buildings and infrastructure assets across a wide range of clients. The department uses SAP to support the maintenance, construction and management of these assets.
About Our Opportunity
As the Junior SAP Business Analyst student, you will gain practical SAP experience, and receive training and mentorship from highly qualified public service professionals. This is the perfect opportunity to jump start your career and gain an understanding of the provincial government and its use of numerous SAP modules (AP, GL, CO, Procurement, Plant Maintenance, Inventory, etc.).
You will assist staff with a wide range of business support, training and administrative duties that will contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Department by:
- Maintaining SAP Master data maintenance (creating/changing/deleting functional locations and materials)
- Attending SAP training sessions – assisting trainer (resetting student passwords, creating exercises, etc.)
- Submitting GRC requests for adding, removing or changing SAP user access
- Printing, photocopying, assembling SAP training binders
- Coordinating and scheduling training
- Setting up equipment (laptops, switch, projector, etc.) for training sessions
- Populating/validating data for uploads into SAP
- Assisting OFMIS with internal helpdesk requests
There may also be opportunity for you to participate in and collaborate with various staff on special projects or assignments; helping you further enhance and develop your skills.
Qualifications and Experience
You must be currently enrolled as a student and returning to school in the spring (or in the next applicable semester for the education program). This is a business support (not technical) opportunity and would be a good fit for students enrolled in a business administration, commerce, MIS/IT or adult education program.
As the ideal candidate you:
- are proficient with computers including office software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel; previous SAP knowledge or experience is an asset;
- are organized and able to prioritize your work;
- are able to multi-task and switch focus quickly, as necessary;
- have the ability to synthesize information quickly and formulate conclusions and recommendations; and
- demonstrate excellent communication skills and work well in both independent and team-based work environments.
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
- Normal work week is 35 hours/week, 7 hours/day.
- Typically located in comfortable office environment.
- Much of the time is spent in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
- Regularly reads and interprets multiple sources of information, regular requirement to type, read and work on a computer.
- May experience pressure with deadlines and need for accuracy.
There is one (1) opportunity available.
This opportunity will have an anticipated start date of May 1, 2023 and end date of September 1, 2023.
This position will be based out of the Johnston Building at 1672 Granville Street, Halifax.
Pay Grade: HOURLY
Salary Range: $17.25 - $28.12 Hourly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
Current government employees may access this posting through the link below:
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected].