|Senior Mechanical Designer (from 10 to 15 years of experience)|
Senior Mechanical Designer (from 10 to 15 years of experience)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Type of position: Regular
Your future role on our team
Your role will be to serve as senior designer for various projects in the mining and heavy industry sectors. Your main tasks will include modelling, the 2D and 3D layout of mining equipment and coordinating disciplines. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the quality of services and maintaining positive relationships with internal clients.
With us, you’ll get the opportunity to...
- Ensure BBA work procedures are followed.
- Attend coordination meetings.
- Coordinate equipment layout with other disciplines, such as the Structural Engineering and Piping groups.
- Produce and supervise 2D drawings of equipment developed in design and general layouts.
- Participate in mentoring teams and individuals.
- Produce and supervise the layout of 2D drawings (dimensioning, marking, texts and notes).
- In collaboration with the engineering teams, design innovative solutions to any problems encountered.
- Perform calculations, where necessary.
- Perform technical statements.
- Occasionally coordinate the work of drafters or others at the request of a senior engineer.
Do your qualities and values match our corporate culture?
- Thirst to learn and excel
- Willingness to work together while having fun
- Constantly seeking sustainable and agile solutions
- Ability to see beyond established standards
- Rigour and ethical
Overview of certifications and job requirements
- At least 15 years of experience
- Experience in the heavy industry sector (mining, petrochemicals, energy, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office Suite, like Excel, as well as databases and interfaces
- Asset: knowledge of SolidWorks, Revit, SmartPlant 3D, Inventor and AutoCAD applications
- Asset: multidisciplinary knowledge (electricity and automation)
- Asset: ASP Construction card
- Asset: bilingual (English and French)
At BBA, you get many benefits
- Opportunity to mentor our next generation: we invest in our people and help them develop
- A corporate culture that values expertise
- Participation in innovation projects
- Promotion of our experts (SMEs), both externally and internally
- Flexible schedule that combines office presence and telecommuting
- Generous pension and insurance plan
For over 40 years, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of engineering to serve our clients in the Energy and Natural Resources sector. At BBA, we develop innovative, flexible and sustainable solutions, from strategy to execution.
BBA is one of Canada’s leading private consulting engineering firms, focused on practice (PCB), with a network of 15 offices. Our teams work closely to deliver projects that shape tomorrow’s industry at the local, national and international levels.
Our people’s passion and excellence make BBA a Canada’s Best Employer and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
We have unique talents, and we’re committed to providing a workplace where you can be yourself. Job postings are written in gender-neutral language.
Learn more about us by visiting our LinkedIn page and join the networks of our talent attraction specialists to speak with them directly.