|Senior Manager, Payments and Cash Management, Commercial Banking, Edmonton|
Senior Manager, Payments and Cash Management, Commercial Banking, Edmonton
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 169943
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of a portfolio of clients in Canadian Business Banking focusing on payments and Cash Management needs/products/services as well as Deposit products, and ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The focus of sales efforts will be on providing business clients in the mid-market and large commercial marketplace with solutions for payments and cash management as well as deposits.
The Sr. Manager, Payment & Cash Management, is a specialist who possesses a strong understanding of both payment and cash management products as well as deposit options. He or She is responsible for negotiating and structuring directly with the client to ensure solutions offered meet the client’s needs in a manner consistent with the overall Canadian Business Banking strategy of developing a customer focused sales culture and adhering to governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
He/She will work closely with Client Relationship Manager to ensure the products and services offered to the client are properly identified and notified to the client. He/She is responsible for recommending pricing and preparing proposals to meet Bank's credit criteria, as well as coordinating that documentation is prepared and accurate.
Is this role right for you?
Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Promotes the development & profitable growth of the Canadian Business Banking as it relates to both Payment & Cash Management products/services and Deposit options in the assigned market area by:
- Developing sales plans for prospects and existing customers;
- Identifying prospects/referrals from other internal/external networks;
- Analyzing prospect lists and prioritizing business development opportunities based on market data
- Pursues a business development program within the assigned market area according to agreed-upon growth objectives
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and service enhancements
- Ensures all aspects of assigned relationships receive ongoing attention, as required to maintain, improve, grow and retain the relationship by:
- Actively seeking customer feedback on Bank products and services and the delivery of customer service;
- Action suggestions to continually improve customer satisfaction and processes improvements which may be received directly from clients or through client satisfaction vehicles such as the Pulse.
- Champion and support a culture of diversity and other initiatives aligned with the Bank strategy
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if:
Undergraduate degree in business or economics or work equivalency
- Other training requirements as determined by the Bank from time to time.
- Previous work experience of at least 2-5 years is preferred
- Very strong sales/closing skills, strong networking ability, strong negotiation skills
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential to this position. The incumbent must be able to effectively articulate their views both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Good knowledge of credit skills
- Ability to conduct due diligence on the strength of customer financials for deals of moderate to higher complexity
- Through knowledge of relationship building and teamwork skills
- A strong knowledge of the commercial banking marketplace in Canada and a detailed knowledge of the assigned market area’s key industries and competitive positioning within the assigned market area. The incumbent understands the Canadian Business Banking objectives, and has a thorough knowledge of segment, strategies and structure, as well as its lending and deposit products and services.
- Good knowledge of Onboarding, Know Your Customer, Anti Money Laundering processes
- Good PC skills are necessary, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other commercial systems and platforms.
What's in it for you?
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- Internal training to support your career growth and enhance your skills
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities – for you and our customers
- You can expect to be recognized and rewarded for high-performance. You’ll be supported by leadership through meaningful development conversations that enable faster advancement and internal training to support your growth and development.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Edmonton
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.