New Job Program Assistant Community Standards In Ontario
|Program Assistant Community Standards|
Program Assistant Community Standards
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $16–$22 an hour
Location : Ontario
Reporting to a Manager of By-law Education & Enforcement, the Intern will provide program related assistance to the Community Standards Division (By-law Education & Enforcement, Adjudication and Policy Licensing Sections Position primarily is located in office – hybrid work or work from home is not an option at this time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Log calls, inquiries and services requests, record pertinent information, schedule appointments and assign tasks as appropriate
- Provide front-line customer service for phone, email and walk-in inquiries and service requests
- Follow and reinforce all policies and operating procedures, including protocols for opening and closing the reception area
- Position is required to provide daily back-up support to Reception for breaks and absences.
- Use enterprise software systems (e.g., ActiveNet, Maximo, AIMS and Energov) to file work orders, log service requests, and/or input program registrations as applicable
- Provide administrative support for the City’s Permit and Pay Parking Program
- Provide back-up support for CSR’s of other Community Services Sections and Divisions
Education and Experience
- Recent graduate (within one year), or currently enrolled in college or university program. - Specifically – Business Administration, Police Foundations or Paralegal program.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and Word
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and the ability to prioritize are a requirement.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- The successful candidate should be an enthusiastic and creative team player.
- Effective interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive and professional relationships with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrate the City's corporate values.
- Provide own transportation to work and to attend and support community engagement activities.
- Builds people and culture
- Cultivates open communication
- Demonstrates personal leadership
- Navigates and leads through complexity and change
- Shapes the future
Attention Internal Candidates: All current City of Richmond Hill employees are required to apply via the ‘View Jobs for Current Employees’ link on the City’s Careers Page.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The City of Richmond Hill is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.