Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
If you thrive on success and team work in a team culture, Agnico Eagle offers career opportunities on a global scale. We provide rewarding and challenging work that will help you grow your skills and your career. Agnico Eagle is committed to creating meaningful opportunities for our employees and we encourage everyone who works for us to contribute to their full potential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We provide a safe work environment and seek to ensure all individuals are treated with respect and dignity, free from harassment, discrimination, bullying and retaliation. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Disability-related accommodations during the application and selection process are available upon request. Interested? We hope you are.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Macassa Mine Site, we currently have an exciting opportunity for 4 Mill Labourers to join out Mill Operations team.
The Macassa Mine is a high-grade gold producer, with grade improving at depth, and a key valuation driver for Agnico Eagle. Located in the Town of Kirkland Lake, Ontario, the Macassa Mine remains one of the highest gold grade mines in the world. Macassa commenced operations in 2002, and with the discovery of the South Mine Complex has been able to increase its level of production significantly over the past five years. The mine is located in an area with well-developed infrastructure, including a provincial highway, a railway system and a private airport. High-grade ore is processed at the Macassa Mill, which currently has available capacity and is located in close proximity to the mine.
The Mill Labourer is a support role to the Mill Operations team assisting with crushing, pre-starts, project work,. Etc., always working in conjunction with workplace Health & Safety processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Competency in Basic Mill Common core and working toward other modules as required
- Ensure all pre start checks are completed and regular plant checks are performed.
- Accuracy in reporting of process data in relevant documents (e.g. excel)
- Ensure house keeping is maintained at a high standard
- Adhere to Mill Operation standards
- Ensure all required sampling is completed and recorded appropriately
- Capacity and willingness to work in Crushing, Grinding or elution circuit
- Teamwork – work with others to meet and where possible exceed daily KPI’s set by Supervisor.
- Other duties as applied from time to time
Our ideal candidate has:
- Literacy and numeracy to meet role
- Aptitude or experience consistent with industrial setting
- Mechanically minded to appreciate operations within acceptable parameters and ability to note subtle differences
- Team focused, work independently and with others
- Well developed communications skills
- Flexible approach to work, capacity to work in same or different areas as prescribed by Shift Supervisor
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Group benefits package
- Training and learning opportunities.
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview
Together, we are Going for Gold in everything that we do and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team.