|Mechanical Engineer - Mining and Metals ( (3 years of experience or less)|
Mechanical Engineer - Mining and Metals ( (3 years of experience or less)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Type of position: Regular
Your role will be to participate in preparing proposals, performing engineering work, selecting technology and carrying out mechanical and multidisciplinary projects in the mining, energy and heavy industry sectors.
As a member of our team, your role will be to:
- Analyze, understand and solve various types of technical problems related to industrial mechanics and piping.
- Actively participate in small-, medium- and large-scale multidisciplinary mandates as part of a work team comprised of engineers and technicians.
- Perform detailed studies or engineering mandates for clients wanting to expand existing facilities or build new ones.
- Prepare plans and specifications based on guidelines for mechanical mandates.
- Make calculations.
- Prepare lists and bills of materials in accordance with codes, standards, drawings and other established methods while complying with the firm's Quality System requirements.
- Produce technical data sheets at client sites.
- Provide assistance to more experienced personnel for the technical aspects of complex tasks.
- Occasionally coordinate the work of drafters or other non-professionals at the request of a senior engineer.
- Occasionally supervise contractors on site.
- Ability to learn quickly and be self-reliant
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt
- Creativity and innovation in providing solutions
- University degree in mechanical or chemical engineering
- From 0 to 3 years of experience
- Member of the OIQ, or eligible for membership
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite and other applications as well as databases and interfaces
- Relevant experience in the industrial sector
- Solid knowledge of one or more of the following fields: pumping, HVAC, dust collection, thermal systems, conveyor systems and process equipment
- Available to travel occasionally between the Mont-Saint-Hilaire and Montréal offices
- Available for short-term assignments (mandatory) and long-term assignments (asset) to client sites all across Canada
- Asset: Knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Revit, AFT Fathom, Ansys and MS Office
- Asset: ASP Construction card
- Asset: Mechanical experience in the industrial, energy or mining sector
- Asset: Bilingual (English and French)
For over 40 years, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of engineering to serve our clients in the Energy and Natural Resources sector. At BBA, we develop innovative, flexible and sustainable solutions, from strategy to execution.
BBA is one of Canada’s leading private consulting engineering firms, focused on practice (PCB), with a network of 15 offices. Our teams work closely to deliver projects that shape tomorrow’s industry at the local, national and international levels.
Our people’s passion and excellence make BBA a Canada’s Best Employer and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
We have unique talents, and we’re committed to providing a workplace where you can be yourself. Job postings are written in gender-neutral language.
Learn more about us by visiting our LinkedIn page and join the networks of our talent attraction specialists to speak with them directly.