New Job Manager, Reporting In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $74,574–$94,755 a year
Location : Manitoba
MB3 Management Analyst
Department of Health
Performance & Oversight, Information Management and Analytics
Advertisement Number: 40610
Salary(s): MB3 $74,574.00 - $94,755.00 per year
Closing Date: March 6, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
This competition may be used to establish an eligibility list to fill current and future regular and term full-time positions, subject to staffing approval. The eligibility list will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Department of Health is currently seeking a Manager, Reporting, to join Information Management and Analytics Branch (IMA), which is a branch of the Performance and Oversight Division. IMA leads the Provincial Information Management and Analytics (PIMA) Shared Service and maintains its data repository.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Community Health Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related disciplines. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Experience directly leading a team including; new employee orientation, employee development and performance management.
- Experience with coaching and mentoring staff.
- Extensive experience evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting data for statistical reporting and/or research purposes.
- Experience interpreting stakeholders' data consumption needs and developing data presentation solutions.
- Strong understanding of complex administrative databases and business data sets including; their uses for indicator development, planning, surveillance, and evaluation purposes.
- Experience leading change management and providing solutions to associated challenges.
- Experience developing, applying, and interpreting policies and guidelines to meet operational objectives.
- Excellent written communication skills to translate complex data into recommendations for senior leadership and operational goals.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to support senior management and communicate with external stakeholders and with team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong client relationships and facilitate collaboration.
- Strong political acumen with the ability to build consensus among stakeholders with different and often competing interests.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to adapt and respond to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience preparing budgets.
Reporting to the Director of PIMA, the Manager, Reporting manages a team in the development, maintenance, and management of methodologies for generating reports, facilitating training, and creating resource material to ensure standardization and consistency across PIMA. The incumbent provides information, advice and recommendations to support planning, policy formulation, program and operational development, implementation, and decision making of the use and proliferation of analytics and reporting to various stakeholders.
As Manager, Reporting this position is responsible for the following critical functions:
- Lead, support, and guide the team to achieve operational and program goals and objectives;
- Development and implements internal policies and procedures, operational and process improvement;
- Recruitment, onboarding/off boarding, employee training/development, performance management/support and succession planning.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.