New Job Manager Regional Operations And Service - Montreal In Quebec
|Manager Regional Operations and Service - Montreal
Manager Regional Operations and Service - Montreal
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Requisition ID: 164339
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The PB Manager Regional Operations & Service is responsible for leading and coaching the Private Banking Service, teams, while sustaining overall operational efficiency and effectiveness. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for identification and implementation of policy and procedural changes which will streamline processing and enhance the client experience.
He/she oversees the delivery of front line client service, private banking operations and mid-office service support. This includes maintaining oversight of compliance related tasks, ensuring adherence to Bank security procedures as well as achieving other objectives related to client service, human resource management and support operational effectiveness for his/her region assigned.
As the Regional Operations & Service leader of the Private Banking team the incumbent will act as the escalation point for all service and support related activities in the field.
1. Lead the delivery of client service and support regionally by:
- Ensuring that the team is highly trained in their respective duties in order to provide excellent customer service and ensuring SLAs are adhered to
- Providing direction and support to direct teams for resolution of complex client issues in a timely manner.
- Working closely with the Senior Manager Regional Operations & Service in partnership with the Private Banking Regional Director, for discussion of Regional concerns or priorities to resolve issues, remove roadblocks and provide better quality service
- Ensuring all units provide accurate and efficient day to day operational support in an effort to allow relationship management teams to focus on sales related activities.
2. Manage & support the quality and efficiency of the Private Banking Operations for the region by:
- Oversight of daily and periodic management controls (ACS Activities)
- Ensuring Private Banking cash, custody and Centre security procedures, ensuring policies are in place and effective (if applicable).
- Managing non-interest expenses against budgets, ensuring reasonable explanations exist for any variances
- Managing the interactions and commitments with various Bank Partners
- Monitoring and taking action on deficiencies with Centre premises, systems, equipment and supplies
- Managing timely escalation of issues/obstacles/trends to the SMROS, Regional Management and/or applicable SWM E.O. and/or Shared Services department as appropriate with recommendations/solutions
- Assiting with local technology and infrastructure within the Wealth Centres; set-ups/ decommissions/ moves, coordination, inventory reporting, and control of all printers, phones, fax machines, photo copy machines, scanners, and other office equipment and report all issues as required
3. Oversees adherence to regulatory and internal Bank guidelines by:
- Ensuring adherence to CDIC; FCAC; FATCA; CASL; OHS.
- Ensuring compliance with Know Your Client (KYC) and AML policies
- Ensuring compliance with bank policies and confirming effective risk management is in place.
- Working closely with the Senior Manager, Regional Operations & Service to ensure escalated issues, including compliance, are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Working closely with the teams to ensure account opening and transferred in accounts are completed with a high level of accuracy and adherence to regulatory and compliance standards.
- Coaching the sales teams on effectively understanding and implementing compliance regulations and Bank guidelines for their assigned clients.
- Monitoring adherence to regulatory and internal Bank requirements, ensuring compliance, risk management and regulatory rules, guidelines, policies and standards are followed across the region.
- Supporting and reinforcing the communication of any changes in policies and practices to the teams as required.
4. Contribute to the effective Operation of Private Banking by:
Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines.
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication by actively participating and contributing to touchbases, team meetings, encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches and actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members;
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan.
- Playing a lead role in the management team.
5. Provide strong team leadership to motivate and develop individual and team performance by:
Fostering and developing a strong, positive team environment, driving employee empowerment, innovation and a high degree of engagement
- Exhibiting an ability to listen, negotiate and communicate goals
- Sharing knowledge, experience and responsibility with employees in a drive for the highest standards of professionalism and service excellence
- Ensuring the performance management process is in place and employee development is a priority for all employees on the team
- Regularly scheduling one-on-one coaching with direct reports
- Identifying and supporting training and developmental needs of team members
- Managing staffing requirements and departmental workloads
Complexity of Position / Education / Work Experience
Effective Service Management Skills are essential, along with the ability to influence and motivate others. The incumbent must set a positive example of change and encourage others to do the same.
The incumbent requires a thorough knowledge of daily and periodic Private Banking routines, procedures and policies. To complement this knowledge, a thorough understanding of Private Banking Controls and Private Banking Applications as required.
A high degree of flexibility is required to adapt to a wide variety of tasks and functions. Strong PC skills are essential as the incumbent uses a PC for a variety of administrative and compliance activities.
In particular, the following functional competencies are required:
- Expert knowledge of applicable applications supported by Private Banking (i.e. Sales Builder, Intralink, WealthNet, Salesforce, Worklist, Forms-Free Teller (FFT));
- Thorough knowledge of policy and procedures associated with set-up and administration of financial products and services;
- Thorough knowledge of non-regulatory retail and small business compliance (retail lending compliance, Branch reports, business account opening);
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory compliance related to Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti- Terrorist Financing, Know Your Customer requirements, FCAC, CDIC and FATCA
- Thorough knowledge of credit risk/adjudication policies and procedures to enable effective retail and small business compliance review;
- Working knowledge of Canadian Code of Practice for Consumer Debit Card Services (Debit Card Code of Conduct);
- Excellent time management skills
- Working knowledge of financial products and services
- Bilingualism in English and French
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Quebec : Gatineau
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.