New Job Locates / Records Administrator In Ontario
|Locates / Records Administrator|
Locates / Records Administrator
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $27.00–$31.89 an hour
Location : Ontario
Job Details: Locates / Records Administrator
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Closing Date: March 10th, 2023 at 4:30 pm
Department: Environmental Services
Number of Positions: One (1)
File Number: SV23-38
Hours: 35 hours per week; Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Rate of Pay: $27.00 - $31.89 per hour
The City of Belleville, known as the ‘Friendly City’, is located at the mouth of the Moira River where it meets the picturesque Bay of Quinte. Experience world-class fishing, boating, cycling and walking along approximately 14 kilometers of waterfront trails. Situated between Toronto and Montreal, and less than one hour from the U.S. border, the City truly is at the center of it all.
Approximately 56,000 people make Belleville their home and over 220,000 live within 30 minutes of the City. We are in close proximity to Prince Edward County where you can discover award winning wineries and numerous beaches including Sandbanks Provincial Park. We are home to Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology as well as Albert College, Canada’s oldest co-ed boarding independent private school. The historic downtown core provides numerous restaurants, shopping and live music and theater venues for an amazing cultural experience. Our inviting blend of small town warmth and big city amenities, quality of life and affordable housing make Belleville the perfect place to live, work and play. More information is available at www.belleville.ca.
Currently, the City of Belleville has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join the Environmental Services Department as a Locates/Records Administrator.
PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Reporting to Reporting to the Environmental Compliance Supervisor, the position involves administering, implementing, and supporting the locate request program.
- Administer the overall locate request program.
- Provide operational assistance and office support for locate request program.
- Receive locate requests from Ontario One-Call and dispatch to locators for field marking.
- Return completed locate packages to requester and collate packages for filing.
- Communicate with field staff, locate requesters, locate software service provider and Ontario One-Call with respect to locate requests.
- Track and monitor status of locate requests and verify invoices.
- Ensure legislated timelines for locate responses are met.
- Manage records related to locates.
- Work with locates software provider and City IT on software maintenance, trouble-shooting and staff training.
- Train locators to use locates software (e.g. arrange training sessions, trouble-shoot problems, etc.).
- Enter data into Work Assignment Database and Worktech, when needed.
- Enter/update data and drawing in GIS, when needed.
- Create, or make modifications to, drawings such as service cards, when needed.
- Assist with performing data gathering and analysis for environmental metrics as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned
Note: Above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be
construed as all-inclusive.
Essential (minimum) Qualifications:
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering or related environmental field.
- Minimum 4 days of certified instructor-led ESRI GIS courses or post-secondary equivalent or demonstrated equivalent practical experience.
- Post-secondary training in AutoCAD or demonstrated equivalent practical experience.
- Valid Class G Driver’s license with safe driving record, to be held and maintained.
- Demonstrated strong record keeping, time management, organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge, especially using web-based proprietary software.
Asset (prefered) Qualifications:
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office suite of software to create databases, spreadsheets, forms and reports.
- Strong business writing skills including the ability to draft correspondence.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, customer service, and diplomacy skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a work environment with requests coming from multiple sources throughout the workday.
Essential (minimum) Qualifications:
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working in a related operation and maintenance area.
- Familiarity with Ontario One-Call locate request process.
- Experience entering/updating data in GIS, or equivalent training.
- Experience creating or modifying drawings in AutoCAD, or equivalent training.
Asset (preferred) Qualifications:
- Experience working with Ontario One-Call locate request process.
How to Apply:
Personal information and any supporting material will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be advised that the City of Belleville uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job postings. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked frequently and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence regarding recruitments via email, it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the job posting.
The City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Applicants will be required to provide at their own expense a satisfactory criminal reference check dated within the past six (6) months, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, and if deemed a requirement of the position, a driver’s abstract to the Human Resources Department on or before the date of the interview but no later than the commencement of employment if selected.