|Labourer 3 - Parks|
Labourer 3 - Parks
Company : City of Camrose
Salary : $24.83 an hour
Location : Alberta
LABOURER 3 – PARKS
The City of Camrose is seeking an energetic and reliable individual for the full-time permanent position of Labourer 3
in the Parks section of Community Services. This is a unionized position under CUPE Local 1425 and is inclusive of
a 6-month trial period as per the Article 12.05 of the Collective Agreement.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (but not limited to):
- Communicate effectively with members of the public, users and other employees.
- Perform and support event and program set-up and tear-down in various facilities.
- Work in all related areas of the Parks operations which includes (but not limited to): mowing, pruning, pest
control, applying pesticide, landscaping, beautification, managing and handling urban wild life, and snow
- Maintenance and operations of turf management, cemetery, horticulture and arboriculture, urban trails, and
- Safely operate and maintain light equipment such as rubber tired farm or industrial tractors which may include
attachments such as front end loader, plows or sweeper, aerator, self-propelled road packers, small self-
propelled machines such as sweepers, snowplow equipment, weed sprayers, trailers, and all types of trucks
up to and including single axle trucks.
- Perform basic manual labour using hands or common labour tools, complex hand held and affixed power tools
and machines, light maintenance to equipment and vehicles.
- Assistance with other City operation functions as necessary and assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic with the ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with the public and
contractors in a professional manner.
- Ability to exert moderate physical activity, work at considerable heights, and work outside in all types of
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (an air endorsement considered an asset, but is not required).
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Shift work and
overtime will also be necessary to address operational requirements.
HOURLY WAGE: $24.83 per hour in accordance with CUPE 1425 Collective Agreement.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the address
below by March 10, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
City of Camrose - Attention: Manager of Parks
Com munity Service Office Location: 5600 – 44 Ave, Camrose, AB
Maili ng Address: 5204 – 50 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 0S8
P: 78 0.672.9195 | E: [email protected] | W: www.camrose.ca