|Income Assistance Supplement Support Analyst|
Income Assistance Supplement Support Analyst
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $30.93–$38.76 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Social Services invests in positive outcomes for people in areas of income support, child and family services, supports for persons with disabilities and affordable housing. We work with citizens as they build better lives for themselves through economic independence, strong families, and strong community organizations.
The IT Services and Support Branch is seeking a highly motivated, innovative, and customer service professional for the position of a Supplement Application Support Analyst. In this position you will function as part of a team that will provide the first level of business system support to frontline users of Saskatchewan Income Supplements, Senior’s Income Plan, Personal Care Home Benefit, Autism Spectrum Disorder – Individualized Funding, Cognos Financial Reports.
In this role, you will:
- Work with Ministry program areas to aid with applications and programs developed to meet their business needs. This includes first level troubleshooting, providing analysis, research and providing information or recommendations on complex issues to remediate them.
- Work with technical support partners in a collaborative manner to resolve issues in a fast-paced high priority environment.
- Perform analysis, research and problem solving to have application defects resolved. This involves following established processes to plan and implement system fixes or enhancements.
- Use critical thinking to analyze reported issues, defects, and errors to provide business areas with options and recommendations for systems fixes or temporary workarounds.
- Facilitate requirements gathering with multiple stakeholders’ or business leads, often with varying outcomes to be achieved. Above average ability to communicate and translate business language into technical language as the base to build testing plans and implementation of system enhancements.
- Act as the liaison between the business and technical service provider(s) to ensure production systems are running efficiently and effectively.
The Ideal Candidate
As our successful candidate, you will have:
- Ability to write or contribute to a variety of detailed (business or technical) material appropriate to the target audience. Material to be created includes user, system and requirements documentation or procedures, project plans, letters, requests for proposals, feasibility studies, recommendations, and reports.
- The ability to gather, validate and document business requirements for changes to existing systems, following established business processes.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) to describe or present(technical) information to a wide variety of technical and non-technical individuals and/or groups in a clear, accurate and understandable manner.
- The ability to accurately review and interpret the operational direction for the ministry and link it to future operations.
- The ability to establish testing criteria and execute acceptance testing to ensure complete and accurate functionality of enhanced systems.
- Ability to identify, explore and evaluate options on data, processes and methodologies, information technology and potential systems design to make feasible recommendations.
- Ability to independently prioritize and organize one’s own workload to meet tight deadlines and successfully complete projects in a changing environment.
- Knowledge of commercial software applications.
The knowledge required for this position may be obtained through both education and Human Service or Application Analysis related work experience. Knowledge of Social Services programs, processes and procedures would be an asset.
What we offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- Positive, inclusive work environments;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Training and support;
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave;
- Advancement opportunities.