New Job Facilities Maintenance I (Uncertified) In British Columbia
|Facilities Maintenance I (Uncertified)|
Facilities Maintenance I (Uncertified)
Company : City of Penticton
Salary : $27.53 an hour
Location : British Columbia
City of Penticton
Facilities Maintenance I (Uncertified)
Employment Type: Full-time Permanent
Location: Penticton, BC, CA
Apply URL: https://penticton.prevueaps.ca/jobs/19536.html
Penticton is a vibrant, innovative, healthy waterfront city focused on sustainability, community, and economic opportunity. At the City of Penticton, our goal is to serve our residents, businesses, and visitors through good governance, partnership and the delivery of effective and community-focused services. The City of Penticton is looking to fill the position of Facilities Maintenance 1 (Uncertified) in our Facilities Department. The Facilities Department is responsible for the planning, design, construction, operations, and maintenance of over 30 City-owned buildings. This department ensures these buildings operate at optimum efficiency to enable other City departments and lessees to effectively deliver services and programs to the community.
Reporting to the Facilities Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance 1 (Uncertified) participates in the daily maintenance of City Buildings & related infrastructure. The Facilities Maintenance 1 (Uncertified) is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks, general janitorial, room setups, resurfacing and maintaining arena ice and other tasks as assigned. This position potentially involves year-round inside and outside work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Checks and performs cleaning duties including but not limited to: washrooms, change rooms, corridors, viewing areas and common areas, pool decks, slides, saunas, drains and benches. Empties and replaces garbage and recycling bags. Restock & replenishing sanitary & janitorial supplies as required.
- Sets up tables, chairs etc. in Community Centre and meeting rooms according to general plans and modifies same as required in accordance with requests from users of facility.
- Washes and waxes floors as required, vacuums carpets, dusts curtains and drapes etc., as required.
- Makes minor building repairs replacing light bulbs, unplugging toilets and sinks, installing new nets, repairing torn nets, and assists Building Operators with major facilities maintenance and renovations as well as performing Annual shutdown duties.
- Cyclical painting of facilities as directed.
- Requests the replacement of janitorial supplies from the Building Operator using the form provided as required.
- Shovels snow from outside entrances and spreads salt as required. Removes leaves from outside entrances Performs related work, as required.
Required Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
- Ability to safely perform physical demands related to the job requirements.
- Necessary knowledge of multi-purpose space & gym set up and changeovers.
- Necessary knowledge of pool operation & cleaning.
- The ability to perform minor building and equipment maintenance tasks.
- The ability to exercise courtesy and diplomacy in exchange of routine information with other city employees and members of the public.
- Necessary knowledge of janitorial practices, including safe and proper handling of waxes, cleaners and other chemicals used.
Education, Training & Experience
- Completion of Secondary school.
- Completion of WHMIS.
- Completion of Pools Operations I & II.
- Valid B.C. Driver's License Minimum Class 5.
At the City of Penticton, we recognize that great talent and great ideas come from a variety of backgrounds. Tapping into the diversity of our community makes us all stronger and allows us to serve Penticton even better.
That's why we welcome all applicants to consider joining our team. We encourage Indigenous persons, people of colour, all genders and expressions, 2SLGBT2QIA+, persons living with disabilities, and others who reflect our ever-changing workplace to apply.
So, if your experience is close to what we're looking for, we would love a chance to talk about working with you. We welcome your cover letter and resume by February 26, 2023.
Full-time Permanent (40 hours per week)
$27.53 to $30.54 per hour (Pay Grade 7, CUPE)
Competitive wages, benefit and pension package. Opportunities for career development and professional advancement, including financial support for professional development. A diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace. Wellness incentives, Earned Time Off Program, flexible work environments, and Federal & BC statutory holidays.
Apply at https://penticton.prevueaps.ca/jobs/19536.html
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : Experience an asset