|EXPLORATION MANAGER - QUEBEC|
EXPLORATION MANAGER - QUEBEC
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
EXPLORATION MANAGER - QUEBEC
The masculine gender is use in this job offer without discrimination and only in the purpose of lightening the text.
French is used in this text since it is the official working language of this division.
WHAT DO YOU VALUE IN A CAREER?
At Agnico Eagle, our values never waver. We believe in trust, respect, equality, family and responsibility. Why? Because they express who we are and they have helped us succeed in business for over 60 years.
WHAT DOES AGNICO EAGLE VALUE?
We value you – your unique set of skills and experience. We value your willingness to build those skills and make a meaningful contribution to our company. And, we value your commitment to treat every person on our team with respect, helping us to operate safely, protect the environment and make a positive contribution to our local communities.
ABOUT OUR OPERATION
Want to learn more about our operations? Click here!
YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE:
Reporting to the Vice President - Exploration, you will be part of the Exploration Group. You will lead geological teams to develop and execute all exploration programs as mandated by the Vice President, Exploration while ensuring strategic alignment to corporate strategies and objectives. Your key areas of focus for this role are the acquisition and development of key, high quality exploration opportunities that contribute to the corporate pipeline of properties. You will ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved while promoting and respecting Agnico Eagle’s values, Health & Safety Code of Conduct and the environment.
- Develop and maintain high level of knowledge of relevant mineral exploration and emerging development in the gold industry;
- Develop, budget, coordinate and execute the work programs for all exploration projects and property evaluations while ensuring all regulatory and JV/land agreement requirements are met;
- Actively develop and maintain relationships in the gold mining industry to manage information on current opportunities and identify new opportunities for potential joint ventures, reviews of submittals and target generation;
- Optimize regional activities through the development of communications with operations and project evaluation and corporate development teams. Provide Guidance, Coaching & Transfer of Knowledge to teams being supervised;
- Good understanding of regulations, land management, mining law and permitting in respective jurisdictions;
- Lead regular meetings between exploration teams and company stakeholders to share knowledge, solicit feedback and obtain evaluation recommendations on targets and projects of interest to prioritize capital allocation;
- Prepare and present briefing and discussion materials on opportunities (stakeholder and monthly meetings) as required;
- Manage the annual budget according to AEM policies and objectives ensuring that projects maintain budgetary compliance while achieving project goals through routine monitoring of costs and spending;
- Prepare progress reports for active projects (mapping, sampling, drilling, permitting, and contractors);
- Foster an open, transparent and respectful dialogue with all communities of interest and ensure that activities on private lands and indigenous lands are performed with the free prior informed consent of the land owners;
- Collaborate with local community relations team as required;
- Ensure all employees have the appropriate training required to perform their duties and to actively prevent incidents;
- Provide the appropriate tools to carry out the work safely and efficiently, in full respect of environmental regulations and/or standards of operation;
- Ensure that exploration team maintains a high degree of emergency preparedness to effectively respond to emergencies.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 20 years mining industry experience in mineral exploration and/or mine operations in leadership roles;
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in overall ore deposit knowledge is required with superior knowledge of gold deposits geology;
- Minimum of 10 years in project and team management;
- Many years of experience in global vision strategy and alignment with corporate objectives;
- University Degree (M.Sc. preferred) in Geology, Earth Sciences or Geological Engineering;
- Strong knowledge of jurisdiction geological, legal and social frameworks;
- Strong organizational agility, process management, delegation, perseverance, organizational and time management skills, problem solving skills are required;
- Strong understanding of financial and technical parameters involved in exploring and developing profitable gold projects such as; cash flow, IRR, NPV, NAV, block model and geostatistics, cut-off grade, strip ratio etc;
- Fluent in the French language, strong written and oral skills required;
- Fluency in English is a strong asset.
Your Work Schedule:
- Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. A combination of tele-working with presence at our offices in Val-d’Or.
Primary Location: Quebec-Val-d'Or
Organization: Agnico Eagle Mines
Shift Schedule: 5/2
Employment Type Code: Salaried
Posting End Date: Mar 3, 2023, 10:59:00 PM
Job Type: Full-time