|Employment Services Advisor|
Employment Services Advisor
Company : Robertson College
Salary : $41,000–$45,000 a year
Location : Manitoba
Who we are?
Robertson is the School of New Work. Our vision is for everyone to have a good life through a prosperous and fulfilling career. Our mission is to empower our learners with the most relevant training and up-to-date industry insights so that they may find fulfilling and meaningful careers.
As a company we are committed to uplifting indigenous voices, respecting traditional lands, raising awareness and working in collaboration with Indigenous partners in the spirit of reconciliation. We acknowledge that our campus is located in Winnipeg on Treaty 1 territory, the traditional lands and waters of Anishinaabe [AH - NISH - AH - NAH – BAY], Ininiwak, Anishininiwak, Dakota, and Dene (DEN-EH) peoples, and the National Homeland of the Red River Métis. We acknowledge that our water is sourced from Shoal Lake 40 First Nation located on Treaty 3.
Having a deep understanding of the demands of the modern workforce is integral to what we offer our learners. That is why internally, we place such value on building a work culture that is flexible and adaptive to the changing world of work. Our 4 day work week gives our team members a #MeDay each week to invest in themselves. We also seek out diversity in our team. We #CelebrateEverything and encourage team members to take paid time off to celebrate their cultural, religious, and spiritual holidays. Our team is intentionally talent-dense - our strength lies in the differences in backgrounds and expertise that we each bring to the table.
Ours is a fast-paced environment where we continually challenge ourselves to think outside of the box. We want our team to feel welcomed, energized, and engaged while having fun. If this sounds like the right fit for you - we invite you to come join us!
The Robertson team assists both during and after graduation to ensure students have the tools they need to succeed in a new career. Robertson team members are guides for our students on their career path as they navigate their college and educational experiences during their time at Robertson.
The Employment Services Advisor for Workforce Solutions is enthusiastic, hard-working and team-minded. The Workforce Solutions supports our students and graduates with employment support (resumes/cover letters, coaching and career guidance, interview preparation). Workforce Solution team are committed to encouraging and guiding students by sharing their expertise and real-world recruitment experiences, and have strong communication and customer service skills.
Reporting to the Manager, the Employment Services Advisor is responsible for:
- Coach and prepare graduates for job interviews and undertaking an effective employment search
- Coordinate and represent the Robertson College at graduate fairs, conferences, and other recruitment events
- Establish and maintain relationships/partnerships with a wide range of prospective employers and work placement hosts in public and private sectors, recruiting agencies, and job centers.
- Plan resume collection from graduates and/or in-person events for employers to meet our students.
- Conduct graduate exit interviews to ensure preparedness for the interview process upon graduation
- Coordinate and collaborate with staff members to host community outreach events, networking events, career development events and recruitment programs targeted toward employers, alumni and students.
- Research and recommend appropriate agencies/organizations that would meet the educational requirements for Robertson College students.
- Provide career advice and resources to students and recent graduates, including assisting them in identifying strengths and barriers to employment, developing job readiness, job search and career management skills.
- Research program-related sectors and industry employment trends on an on-going basis in order to make recommendations to the workforce and students regarding effective job search strategies
- Maintain student records related to career goals and academic advising, alumni records related to current employment
- Provide regular statistical reports of day-to-day activities and outcomes.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Genuine interest in being a mentor/guide and advocate for our students to graduate from their college programs, as well as for them to secure employment in their field of study with Robertson College.
- At least 2 years of work experience within a business and/or post-secondary education in Recruitment or career advising
- Experience in talent acquisition considered a strong asset
- A general or specific understanding of careers within healthcare, community services, business and technology is an asset.
- Entry-level experience in job readiness coaching (recruitment/hiring process, job search, interview preparation, resume/cover letters)
- Experience creating and implementing programs and events
- Passion and ability to promote Robertson graduates to practicum and employer partners.
- Knowledgeable about the Canadian labour market, recruiting practices, industry trends, and best practices in career services
- Demonstrated ability to interact with wide variety of personnel including faculty, students, departments and external stakeholders
- An understanding of the needs of a diverse student population and how to interact effectively with a multicultural student body.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and coordinate tasks in order to meet end results in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Applications and Salesforce is an asset
Don’t feel like you meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply anyways! Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. Education Canada Group (the parent company of Robertson College) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our inclusive work environment and encourage people from all walks of life to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels seen, heard and valued. We embrace our team's differences and know that diversity in our team is the strength that drives our success. We want you to feel welcomed, energized, challenged, and engaged while having fun. Come and grow with us! If you would like to request reasonable accommodations please contact us. If you are someone who loves the highs and lows of doing meaningful work with like-minded team members, we’d like you to hear from you! Should you need accommodations for the interview process, please let us know.
Roberson College - ECG is committed to the safety of their staff and learners. We offer a remote interview process, virtual meetings, a hybrid work environment (for some roles) and comply with all provincial legislation and public safety by-laws.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $41,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Talent acquisition: 2 years (required)
- career advising: 1 year (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Winnipeg, MB