New Job Data Analyst In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $65,458–$82,215 a year
Location : Manitoba
SS2 Statistical Analyst
Corporate and Strategic Services
Advertisement Number: 40582
Salary(s): SS2 $65,458.00 - $82,215.00 per year
Closing Date: February 24, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Enhanced Internal Screening
- Post-secondary education, preferably at masters degree level in Statistics, Criminology, Epidemiology, Computer Science or in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered
- Experience using Python for data cleaning and statistical analysis (or R, SAS, SPSS or other programming-based data science platforms)
- Ability to create efficient data models for complex datasets
- Knowledge of qualitative report writing
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate data findings with strong verbal and written visual communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to work within tight deadlines
- Strong data visualization skills with a variety of applications (MS Office, Power BI, R, Python, ArcGIS)
- Ability to work independently and display initiative
- Ability to work with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and how it applies to the use of justice system and other government administrative data sets
Under the general direction of the Director of Business Intelligence, the Data Analyst is responsible for conducting advanced statistical analyses using the department’s data assets. These assets include administrative data held in various information and data systems operated by the Department as well as data that may be obtained from other departments or public sources. Analysis may be in response to requests from the Minister’s or Deputy Minister’s office or senior leaders in the Department, but the incumbent will also be required to independently identify opportunities for data-driven policy insights through independent, proactive exploration of these data assets.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.