|Community Services Senior Administrative Assistant|
Community Services Senior Administrative Assistant
Company : The City of Red Deer
Salary : $34.76–$36.59 an hour
Location : Alberta
This position will be best served by an experienced, energetic, self-driven administrative professional who is looking to challenge themselves and serve our community with pride. Your calm professionalism and experience in senior level support positions will position you well for success. Your attention to detail and passion for excellence will be valued and required for this role. This key position provides administrative, coordination and financial support at a senior level to the Division Leadership, including Department Managers as required and assigned. This position also provides customer service support and reception to internal and external customers of the Community Services Division as part of the CSV Business Excellence Team as required.
- Successful completion of a two-year diploma from a recognized college in Office Administration, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Four years of experience in an administrative position that included considerable public contact and customer service. Previous senior administrative experience would be an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Developed skill in formatting documents and preparation of innovative presentation materials.
- Developed ability in utilizing common business software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook OneNote, and ability to learn and adapt to new and emerging software(s) as business need requires.
- Experience providing administrative support for senior management presentations, schedules, agreements, customer service, budget, and committee facilitation in the areas of municipal government, power, development, transportation, environment and emergency services would be an asset.
- Ability to type 60 wpm accurately.
In addition to the 9 Core Competencies* identified for all employees of the City of Red Deer – the following are specific to this position:
- The ability to effectively communicate while dealing with the public, other staff members and other City Departments within a hectic and sometimes critical environment of public complaints and emotional situations.
Must have good listening skills, speak clearly and concisely, and able to respond courteously to public inquires and criticisms.
- A demonstrated proficiency at working independently using initiative to prioritize and complete duties and workload efficiently in a multi-tasking team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality when working with confidential material and subject matter.
- Knowledge of municipal governance and administrative processes.
- Demonstrated ability to carry through on commitments with precision and ability to attend to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately produce, type, and assemble material from rough notes, handwritten information and conversations to a professional quality document.
- Ability to acquire and retain knowledge of The City organization and relevant policies and procedures and keep informed of current City issues.
- Must be prepared to continue the learning process and show an aptitude to personally enhance skills with respect to technology.
- (Ethics & Values, Service Focus, Thinking, Planning & Organizing, Leadership, Development, Communication & Interaction, Adaptability & Change Management, Understanding the Municipal Political Environment)
Specific Demands of the Job:
- Work is performed in a fast-paced environment often with many interruptions.
- Assignments are performed under general supervision only. Employees are expected to use independent judgement in a collaborative environment and to apply precedent, policies and procedures to varying circumstances in the performance of their duties.
- There may be multiple positions within this classification in the Community Services Division. Each position will be assigned to a portfolio as required.
Affiliation: Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 417
Remuneration: $34.76 to $36.59 per hour
Hours of Work: 75 hours biweekly; Monday to Friday. Some evening and weekend work may be required.We thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.