|Communications and Stakeholder Coordinator|
Communications and Stakeholder Coordinator
Company : BC Hospice Palliative Care Association
Salary : $49,794–$55,000 a year
Location : British Columbia
Title: Stakeholder and Communications Coordinator
Reporting to: Executive Director
Purpose of Position
To support, coordinate and disseminate stakeholder (internal and external) engagement and communication strategies and initiatives that promote the association’s work, deliver engaging messages, help secure partnerships, and funding, and enhance stakeholder relationships and public awareness.
Key Working Relationships
- Executive Director (ED)
- The Board
- Association Members
- Public and Community
- Stakeholder partners
- Funders and Private Sector
- Non-Profit and Social Services Sector
- Ministerial and Local Governments
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Support and coordinate stakeholder engagement strategies to support the delivery of project planning.
- Work proactively across projects and programs to identify opportunities for community awareness and membership engagement.
- Support regional member groups to deliver engaging and high-quality communication strategies in regard to hospice palliative care.
- Coordinate and manage a communications plan to support the delivery of the association's vision and mission with messaging to key stakeholders (including members).
- Coordinate internal communications among members to support board and committee meetings, task groups and public communique
- Coordinate and implement a digital and social media process, ensuring communication remains current and relevant to the audience.
- Coordinate and manage stakeholder meetings, projects, and initiatives from concept, planning and execution.
- Support internal operations and meetings for the ED and the Board to maintain a high level of efficiency, and a timely and coordinated work environment.
- Work in collaboration with the ED in providing stakeholder administrative support for new and existing strategies.
- Develop and maintain positive and collaborative relationships across the association and work as part of the cross-functional team as required.
Culture and Values
- We work together to advocate on behalf of our members, the community and stakeholders.
- We care for others and display empathy, inclusivity, fairness, and respect.
- We act with integrity at all times
Selection Criteria/Work-Related Requirements
- Minimum 5 years experience in a community engagement, communications, or board and stakeholder relations role, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully coordinating and delivering stakeholder engagement projects and or membership engagement.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and delivering communication projects with implementation success rates
- Great stakeholder engagement with experience working across all organizational levels including the Board and senior management.
- Experience managing social media platforms, along with post and development with minimal design skill
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project coordination experience.
- Highly developed or keen interest in learning to work with office software, including, Google and Microsoft suites, Zoom, Pheedloop Event Portal, Canva, and membership databases
- Virtual Position – Able to work from home 80% of the time and attend events within BC.
- Able to work within a team and independent environment on a collaborative platform
- Degree qualification in a related discipline.i.e communications, public policy, etc
- Experience in the not-for-profit, charity, health, mental health or social service sector.
- Use of design and membership management software.i.e, Canva, InDesign, Adobe and WildApricot
- Bi or Multilingual
- First Nations or Indigenous community persons
Please send resumes by March 3rd, 2023.
Subject:_ APPLICATION SUBMISSION - Stakeholder and Communications Coordinato_r
Only those candidates that closely match the job call will be contacted by the closing date.
We aim to have the position filled by March 27th, 2023
Please, no phone calls and multiple emails inquiring about the position.
Thank you in advance for your interest and submission to the job call.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $49,794.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- public relations: 3 years (preferred)
- Administrative: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC
Application deadline: 2023-03-03
Expected start date: 2023-03-27