|Commercial Banking Analyst Co-op Student 6|
Commercial Banking Analyst Co-op Student 6
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Requisition ID: 172612
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Commercial Banking Analyst Co-op Student (January - August 2023)
Who Are We?
Scotiabank’s Commercial Banking professionals are committed to delivering advice. You will be a trusted business advisor offering a full suite of customized lending, deposit, cash management, and trade finance solutions to mid and large-sized businesses. Team players with a client-centric approach and a strong emphasis on results will thrive in our flexible, growth-oriented environment, and our one-of-a-kind people-first culture.
Our Commercial Banking professionals are committed to delivering advice and a full suite of customized lending, deposit, cash management and trade finance solutions to mid and large-sized businesses. Team members with a client-centric approach and a strong emphasis on results will thrive in our flexible, growth-oriented environment. We are also committed to providing advancement opportunities for those individuals who have the ability, aspiration and engagement to contribute at higher levels.
- Deepen client relationships by understanding clients’ businesses, being a client champion, providing administrative support/service for client-facing interactions and providing actionable recommendations to support credit decisions
- Conduct company and industry analysis
- Conduct financial modelling (financial and credit analysis)
- Collect and assimilate information necessary to make sound credit decisions
- Make it easy to do business by minimizing touch points to provide fast turnaround times, including sound and timely credit underwriting support and financial analysis
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, in order to develop and maintain relationships with Commercial business customers
- Enrolled in an MBA or undergrad degree in Business, Commerce, Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- Strong knowledge and understanding of financial statements and accounting principles
- Prior experience in providing customer needs-based advice and solutions
- Natural curiosity and passion for satisfying customer needs
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Able to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook effectively
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
- The ability to operate in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
How do I apply?
For students applying to one of our co-op programs we do not require resumes! Instead, we ask that as part of your application, you complete the below:
- Complete your PLUM Profile here and save as a screenshot.
- Apply to the role through our career site! When the application asks for your resume, instead upload a screenshot of your past plum results.
Location(s): Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.