|Clinical Stroke Neurologist|
Clinical Stroke Neurologist
Company : Vancouver Coastal Health
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Clinical Stroke Neurologist
Vancouver General Hospital
To be mutually agreed upon
Come work as a Clinical Stroke Neurologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver General Hospital Divison of Neurology is seeking 2 RCPSC Certified Neurologists with fellowship training in Stroke and Cerebrovasular disease. The persons hired will have the opportunity to establish a full-scope stroke subspecialty practice with expectation to participate in general neurology service. Clinical on-call responsibilities are divided between 12 stroke neurologists for the stroke service and all (30+) neurologists for the general neurology service. Hospital outpatient clinics include stroke clinic and rapid access general neurology clinic.
Private office space is available in the area.
Education, Licensing, & Experience:
Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) – Mandatory
- Emergency Experience – Mandatory
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC) – Mandatory
- Current College of Physicians of BC (CPSBC) License – Full
- Minimum 1 year of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease fellowship with interest in transcranial Doppler and medical education.
Please note that a resume is required to apply for this position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees and medical staff working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.