New Job Clerk Typist, Fort Chipewyan In Alberta
|Clerk Typist, Fort Chipewyan|
Clerk Typist, Fort Chipewyan
Company : Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Salary : $38.75 an hour
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 1743
Affiliation: CUPE Municipal
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Fixed Term Duration: Approximately seventeen (17) months
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 70 hours bi-weekly
Department/ Branch: Public Works, Fort Chipewyan Hamlet
Job Location: Fort Chipewyan
Pay Level: PL6
Rate*: $ 38.75
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 26/02/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
All CUPE job rates are currently under review and are subject to change.
With some independent action, perform clerical support duties to include: research, assemble and summarize data; maintain budget, financial records, filing system, records retention, and respond to inquiries; prepare and submit time sheets, produce correspondence, reports, and invoices. This position is located in the Hamlet of Fort Chipewayn and is approximately 223 Kilometers north of Fort McMurray.
Receive and direct mail, retrieve information, package and distribute mail.
- Perform cashier duties.
- Record, produce, and distribute minutes of meetings and action follow-up.
- Recording of water and sewage applications and terminations.
- Process requisitions, work orders and invoices for expenditures or revenue, services and supplies, travel arrangements, etc.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office/stationery supplies and perform some purchasing within the Procurement Policy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Above average communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and accomplish multiple tasks with deadlines.
- Ability to preserve confidential information is mandatory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Grade twelve (12) or GED equivalency and a one (1) year Office Administration Certificate is required.
- A two (2) year Office Administration Diploma will be considered a preferred asset.
- Two years’ related experience to include basic accounting and budgeting, data inputting, and the use of a variety of software programs is required.
- Previous working experience in public work areas and operating mobile radio equipment are assets.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Ability to submit a Criminal Record Check for review and acceptance.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible and accountable for knowing and working in accordance with the Safety Policy. The incumbent must work in such a way as not to endanger himself/herself, fellow employees, or the public.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.