|Civil Engineer (Junior)|
Civil Engineer (Junior)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
We currently have an opening for a Civil Engineer (Junior) to join our team in either Regina or Saskatoon. You will work with engineers, technologists, and support staff to provide civil engineering services to a variety of public and private sector clients in our Transportation Division. You will be working on a variety of transportation projects including roadways, highways, airports, and drainage. You will participate in scheduling and tendering, construction inspection, and contract administration. You will work on-site providing oversight on construction of projects. This may include GPS survey, tracking and reporting material quantities, materials testing, and record-keeping. You will also provide support to other members of our team and complete other duties as assigned while working in a collaborative team environment. You may also be involved in preparing studies, designs, specifications, and contract documents.
As part of the Transportation Division, you will report to the Manager, Highway Construction, within the SASK Operation.
Significant travel will be required as part of your regular job duties. You may be based out of Regina or Saskatoon, depending on the home location of the successful candidate, but will be expected to travel throughout Saskatchewan, including overnight and extended stays. In your application please include your location preference (Regina or Saskatoon).
What you will bring:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Registered, or eligible for registration, as an Engineer-in-Training with APEGS
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver's license
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively within SK
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience, gained in an academic or workplace setting
- Experience in the interpretation of specifications, plans, and regulations
- Experience with contract administration and on-site inspection principles, practices, and techniques
- Experience using AutoCAD and other engineering design software
- Knowledge of construction materials and equipment
- Experience on-site on active construction projects
- Experience monitoring and coordinating the activities of contractors and others
Everyone has their own unique talents, skills, and background. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, let us know why you’d be a great fit for this role!
What we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements, including flex time and remote working options
- Competitive salary and benefits, including health coverage, dental coverage, use of our Employee and Family Assistance Program, and company pension program that matches your contributions
- Culture that promotes accessibility and respect, through our company-wide Diversity & Inclusion Committee, WISER Committee, Accessibility Task Force, and other initiatives
- Culture that promotes sustainability, through our numerous local Eco-Action Committees, and company-wide Climate Change training
- Ongoing support for your professional development and personal growth through our Mentoring Program, Continuing Professional Development training hours, professional designation support, and Young Professionals Club
- Work environment that focuses on your health, safety, and overall wellness, including our local Wellness Clubs, and annual Fitness Allowance. The safety of our employees is paramount. We are also COR® (Certificate of Recognition) safety certified.
- An active Social Club, Book Club, and other social and networking opportunities (including our biennial company-wide Olympics), Lunch-and-Learns, and community volunteer initiatives
We are confident that you will achieve your career and personal goals at Associated Engineering. Check out our further career opportunities and learn more about us here: www.ae.ca.