|Biology and Ecology Field Intern – AB|
Biology and Ecology Field Intern – AB
Company : Jacobs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today. As an Environmental Science Field Intern based out of Calgary, Edmonton, or Grande Prairie - you will too! You'll impact the world around you by helping us solve real-life challenges. YOU are the future of our company. We’ll rely on you to provide support to our teams on critical projects while fostering a culture of continuous learning as you bring fresh ideas to the table.
You’ll work with a knowledgeable and collaborative team as you support projects through field data collection efforts, data management, and assisting with the development of technical reports and regulatory applications for privately-owned infrastructure projects. This is a field-heavy position and is anticipated to be comprised of 80% of travel (up to 18 days at a time) and 20% office work.
Pave the way for your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Must be in pursuit of a related college or university program (e.g. biology, environmental science, ecology, botany, planning, GIS)
- Must have completed at least 2 years of schooling and be returning to school in the Fall
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must hold a valid driver’s license in Canada
- Clean Driver’s abstract
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Interest and prior experience conducting fieldwork (e.g. through coursework or previous internships)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-driven time management and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management.
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Dedication to safety.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to self-motivate and work productively with minimal supervision.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.