|Bilingual French Language Services Manager|
Bilingual French Language Services Manager
Company : Government of Prince Edward Island
Salary : $32.86–$41.08 an hour
Location : Prince Edward Island
The PEI Public Service Commission is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility. Our goal is to build a public sector workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve and to promote welcoming, diverse, inclusive, respectful workplaces that are accessible to all. We welcome all interested individuals including Indigenous People, persons with disabilities, Black, racialized, ethnic and culturally diverse groups, as well as people based on their sexual orientation, gender identities, and gender expressions. Those looking for more information are invited to visit our Diversity & Inclusion Policy.
This is a bilingual position providing leadership to the Public Service Commission (PSC), Acadian and Francophone Affairs Secretariat, and provincial government departments in the area of HR policy as it pertains to French language services, building French language capacity and government’s overall ability to deliver quality services in compliance with the French Language Services Act. The position is responsible to provide HR excellence and to demonstrate the public service values.
Duties will include:
- assisting in the development, implementation, and promotion of government policies pertaining to bilingual workforce;
- providing leadership as a resource to the PSC, Acadian and Francophone Affairs Secretariat, and departments on corporate planning of bilingual human resources;
- providing updated French language capacity analytics;
- representing PSC at the French Language Services Coordinator’s Committee; fulfilling the duties of French Language
Services Coordinator as required under the French Language Services Act;
- negotiating and managing contract(s) for language training to government employees;
- promoting French language training programs offered to government employees including managing intake and approval
of registrations and managing the section budget;
- evaluating the effectiveness, satisfaction level, and impact of programs funded by the French Language Services budget;
- collaborating on a regular basis with the Acadian and Francophone Affairs Secretariat to promote and increase the Active Offer of Service;
- providing advice to managers and employees regarding individual language training needs;
- maintaining the virtual bilingual employee network and conduct informal visits to sites offering services in French;
- performing French language competency assessments and conduct re-evaluations of employee French language skills;
- participating on the French Language Network and coordinate potential partnerships with Government institutions and community associations;
- A degree in a related field.
- Must have considerable experience in coordinating education programs, developing and implementing policy, and program management and evaluation.
- Demonstrated equivalencies will be considered.
- Fluent in French and English with French oral and written proficiency at the advanced plus or superior level.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation/facilitation).
- Excellent leadership interpersonal, organizational, and interview skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Acadian and Francophone Community.
- Demonstrated ability to assess the language skills of adult learners and provide advice and encouragement to adult learners.
- Satisfactory criminal records check.
- Training in conducting French Language Proficiency Assessments or must be willing to obtain training/certification.
- Workforce planning experience.
- Experience working with the Acadian and Francophone Community.
Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.86-$41.08 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Language training provided
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlottetown, PE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- French (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-27