New Job Advisor, Strategic Initiatives In Ontario
|Advisor, Strategic Initiatives
Advisor, Strategic Initiatives
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $94,424–$118,028 a year
Location : Ontario
Strategic Policy and Performance - Health Services
Work Mode: Hybrid*
Location: 7120 Hurontario St, Mississauga, ON
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Are you a strategic thinker with strength in planning, engagement and change management seeking an opportunity to develop and implement strategic initiatives?
Are you a collaborator and a team player who can lead, facilitate and support the work of others across Health Services?
Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Initiatives, the Advisor works collaboratively with others to ensure that initiatives and action plans are delivered in accordance with strategic vision for Health Services in Peel
What you will do…
The Advisor works closely with Health Services leaders and in some cases acts as the lead for the department on the execution of strategic initiatives. This can include:
- Developing and implementing strategies and tactical plans
- Building internal and partner competency and capacity to lead through change and transformation
- Demonstrating a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias.
- Working with the appropriate organizational supports on department-wide strategies and frameworks, which could include a focus on such items as communication, engagement, and collective impact.
- Assisting the Director, and when appropriate, members of Health Leadership Team on the strategic planning and administrative affairs of the department which will involve considerable judgment and exceptional diplomacy and leadership skills needed to liaise with leadership, health system and community partners
- University degree preferably in Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Health or related discipline
- Knowledge of project management, Health Services and administration
- Must have at least 5 years of relevant job experience
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Proven ability to chair meetings, lead consultations, and facilitate discussion with internal and external stakeholders and other groups
- Sound understanding of organizational development and change management theories
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance measurement, strategic planning, and process improvement
- Familiar with organizational and systems change capacity and advancing cultural shifts
- Experience conducting complex and sensitive investigations and analysis
- Experience within public sector, health care or community non-profit sector
- An understanding of the political and administrative culture in municipal government
Perks @ Peel and Why You Will Love Working for Us:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision benefit plan
- Automatic enrolment into OMERS pension plan (where applicable)
- Accrue Vacation on a monthly basis
- Annual performance review and merit increases based on performance
- Supportive leadership and a culture of respect and inclusion
- Access to learning and development resources
Work Location: In this role you will have the ability to work mostly remote. You will be required to occasionally attend on-site meetings based on operational requirements at 7120 Hurontario Street, Mississauga. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario. The Region of Peel offers job based flexible hours of work that allows employees to manage personal and professional responsibilities while at the same time ensures business operational needs and customer service expectations are achieved.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/ , or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated , a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.Additional Information:
The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process, upon request. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accessible formats and communication supports are available. Please contact [email protected].
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.