New Job Administrative Assistant In Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $22.32–$27.98 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Public Employees Benefits Agency (PEBA) administers two of Canada’s top 100 Pension Funds, including Canada’s top Defined Contribution Pension Plan, along with a number of other pension and benefit programs. Our vision of Fostering Financial Wellness guides the work we do in providing valuable pension and benefit services to the over 100,000 members we are proud to serve.
PEBA is pursuing a new governance and operating structure as a not-for-profit corporation separate from the Government of Saskatchewan. It is anticipated this transition will be complete by 2024. You can find more information about this change on the PEBA website.
PEBA has an exciting opportunity in the Client Services Division for a highly motivated, self-confident, flexible and organized individual. This Administrative Assistant position requires someone who demonstrates initiative and thrives in a fast paced and changing work environment.
The Client Services Division contains three branches: Benefit Programs, Education and Engagement, and Pension Administration. Reporting to the Executive Coordinator of Client Services, this position is responsible for providing administrative support across the Division, with a focus on the Benefit Programs branch by:
- Supporting the Benefit Programs staff, including:
- Completing and processing travel documents and education requests;
- Tracking due dates, including contract deadlines;
- Supporting onboarding for new staff;
- Scheduling branch meetings/workshops and taking minutes;
- Assist with the organization of online records and files;
- Mailing materials to members; and
- Managing contact database of employers and board members.
- Supporting the Benefit Programs Boards by:
- Preparing and circulating onboarding materials for new board members;
- Scheduling board meetings and workshops and tracking attendance;
- Coordinating board materials with PEBA teams;
- Collating and uploading materials via Diligent, the board’s online software tool;
- Completing and processing travel documents and education requests; and
- Reconciling board member expenses.
- Supporting the Benefit Programs’ three-year timeline to implement a new digital management system and assist with the transition;
- Supporting the Quarterly Reporting process with data queries, ensuring integrity of information and consistency in the content across templates;
- Supporting PEBA’s transition to a not-for-profit corporation by acting as a liaison as needed between PEBA and external stakeholders and vendors;
- Providing support to the Division’s Directors in proofreading and ensuring adherence to visual identity guidelines for board and senior management committee documents; and
- Reviewing and processing invoices and credit card reconciliation.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Comfortable using technology to manage information and solve problems, specifically Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Acrobat;
- Comfortable learning new technology, and assisting others with adopting and leveraging new technology;
- Well-organized, capable of prioritizing multiple tasks, thorough, conscientious and attentive to detail, and tactful, using discretion and professionalism when communicating with officials in government and in the Canadian Pension and Benefits industries; and
- Comfortable establishing rapport and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders within the Client Service department and the organization as a whole.
Typically, the knowledge and abilities for this position would be acquired through experience in an administrative role and/or through the successful completion of an office education program.
This position may be required to travel to support the Division’s events.
In this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Independently assess, establish, adjust and accurately complete multiple tasks while taking into consideration task complexity, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
- Create, format and edit a variety of visually pleasing, clear and presentable documents such as tables, forms, graphs, spreadsheets, presentations, brochures, reports, manuals, and minutes using various software applications within required time frames;
- Provide clear, concise and accurate information and/or explanations, verbally and in writing, to clients, staff and the public in response to questions, concerns and complaints; and
- Work independently and/or as a contributing member of a variety of teams to complete work assignments, achieve common goals and contribute towards a positive work environment.
What We Offer
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Paid vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave (maternity/paternity/adoption, family/personal leave, sick leave);
- Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities; and
- Flexible work arrangements.
Please indicate in your cover letter the reasons you are interested in, and qualified for, this position.