|Administrative Assistant III - RCMP|
Administrative Assistant III - RCMP
Company : City of Grande Prairie
Salary : $28.72 an hour
Location : Alberta
Do you enjoy helping people daily? The Administrative Assistant III at the City of Grande Prairie RCMP Front Counter is typically the first point of contact for clients attending the detachment. Please be aware that this is not a typical customer service position. The work you will be doing is difficult, and heavily driven by data entry, information collection, and attention to detail, where accuracy and speed are essential. The role is a difficult one that requires both tact and good judgment to be successful. Your knowledge will be challenged daily, and you will be working as part of a close-knit team in an essential department within the Grande Prairie RCMP detachment. We work in a customer-facing role, assisting the public with reporting a wide variety of occurrences, many of which can be traumatic and stressful for the client. The documentation and information gathered are then forwarded to the RCMP members on duty for further investigation or immediate intervention, if necessary. We also provide services such as civil fingerprinting and criminal record checks. You will also be cross-trained in the Call Centre and Criminal Record Check units. It is a job like no other and requires a particular skill set to succeed. If this appeals to you, perhaps you are the one we are looking for.
Many of the tasks and duties of Administrative Assistant III are listed below:
- You will be responsible for a large volume of computer data entry. Speed and accuracy are essential aspects of this job.
- You will provide ink and electronic fingerprinting services for civilian applications such as Record Suspensions, Certified Criminal Records Checks, Immigration, Employment, and Volunteer work
- You will accept and review witness statements for occurrences reported to the Grande Prairie RCMP front counter.
- You will be generating a vast array of RCMP-related complaints on behalf of the general public in the Police Reporting Occurrence System (PROS).
- Working with our partner agency, Accident Support Services International, you will be creating/maintaining collision occurrences in the PROS system.
- You will be assisting the general public with completing applications for Criminal Record Checks for their various needs (employment, volunteering, etc.).
- You will be responsible for incoming and outgoing detachment mail, which includes processing secured shipments for exhibits and other sensitive documentation/parcels.
- You will be trained to provide coverage to the Call Centre and Criminal Record Check units.
- The successful candidate will possess an Office Administration Certificate from a recognized college and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in an office environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You must be able to demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with computer data entry and retrieval, and modern office procedures and equipment.
- You must possess the ability to prioritize and organize work assignments based on volume and deadlines.
- You must possess the ability to handle sensitive, confidential information using tact, diplomacy, and mature judgment in all communication, including during stressful situations (in person, in writing, and over the phone).
- Attention to detail is critical for all aspects of this position.
- Candidates must possess or be able to obtain, and maintain, an RCMP Security Clearance, which is significantly more involved than a Police Information Check.
In addition, you should possess the following competencies:
- Decision Making
- Stress Tolerance
2-week rotation: Week 1: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Week 2: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Pay Band C - Entry level $28.72 per hour
We thank you in advance for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email. We will contact those who did not make it to the interview stage by email within 60 days of the closing date of this job posting.
1. Submit a cover letter and resume using the "Apply Now" tab on this web page.
2. Applications will be reviewed, and short-listed and interviews will be scheduled.
Note: Once you apply and upload a resume you should receive an email confirming that your application has been submitted for this position. If you receive this email, there is NO further need to contact us regarding this position.
- This posting may be used to fill future vacancies in this position.
- This posting may be used to fill more than one position.
- This posting will be open until a suitable candidate(s) is/are found.
Due to the high number of applications we receive per job posting, we cannot answer job-specific questions before the interview. If you are successful in getting to the job interview stage, we will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have at that time.