|Accounts Payable Representative|
Accounts Payable Representative
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $49,788–$66,385 a year
Location : Ontario
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 03/10/2023
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, Payables and Commodity Tax the Accounts Payable Administrator position focuses on Accounts Payable and transactional activities including, but not limited to invoice entry, invoice audit review, month-end reporting and providing customer service. This position also supports the Supervisor and works within a team environment to ensure service level agreements are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and verifies invoices and their accompanying payment requests to ensure compliance to the City’s policies and procedures for such elements as: invoice requirements, proper authorization, monitoring discount opportunities, applicable matching of purchase order or contract, commodity tax compliance (e.g. GST, HST and PST) and accuracy.
- Ensures invoices are processed and audited with the City’s policies, practices and by-laws in a timely fashion within payment terms on a daily basis for the weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Reconciles processed work in SAP by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances to minimize error levels.
- Manages un-submitted invoices in SAP Concur Invoice, sends to the appropriate person using workflow, and following up on those outstanding invoices waiting for approvals.
- Serve as the first point of contact to provide advice to clients regarding procedures relating to accounts payable and respond to internal and external customers in a timely manner – exhibit superior customer service.
- Resolve invoice exceptions related to PO and non-PO’s by using workflow approval reports to identify areas for efficiencies to meet service level agreement.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and ensure all accounts payable transactions are completed for timely preparation of month-end reports.
- Ensuring financial processes and reconciliations are aligned with established procedures and controls and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Completion of aging report and GI/IR is current and issues resolved prior to month-end or escalate to the Supervisor.
- Releases construction holdbacks, respond to stop payment requests and payment enquiries.
- Provides supporting documentation for internal and external auditors.
- Raise potential issues and propose solutions to the Supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimal Secondary School Diploma
- A minimal of 3 years of accounts payable experience required.
- Must be experienced working with SAP and SAP Concur Expense and Invoice.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Intermediate to Advanced including Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with high level of accuracy.
- Strong problem solving, detail oriented and highly motivated.
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks and communicate information in a timely fashion, with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Strong attention to customer needs, while maintaining a high level of discretion and confidentially in dealing with sensitive material.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a natural ability to build relationships.
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/Finance Division , Financial & Treasury Services
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.