|911 Operator – Telecommunications Operatormultiple Positions|
911 Operator – Telecommunications Operatormultiple Positions
Company : City of Moncton / Ville de Moncton
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
A city that inspires
Working together to enhance the quality of life for all residents
Sustainability, Inclusivity, Innovation, Accountability, Excellence, Bilingualism
911 OPERATOR - TELECOMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR
CLOSING DATE: NOON - MARCH 1ST, 2023
Codiac Regional RCMP - Job # P1110
The City of Moncton is seeking candidates interested in a challenging and rewarding career in public safety and law enforcement and fire services who possess proven multi-tasking abilities, solid computer and keyboarding skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in a high-pressure environment while handling issues in a calm and professional manner.
We are seeking team players that are committed to providing quality service and want to work in an exciting, challenging and rewarding career field. These positions work with the Codiac Regional RCMP and are located at the 9-1-1 Center in Dieppe.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must submit their application through an online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department at
506-877-7707 or visit www.moncton.ca/careers for information on the hiring and application process at the City of Moncton.
WORKING AT THE CITY OF MONCTON:
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the first officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain the city's reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
This position is a unionized position. The City of Moncton offers an attractive salary and benefits package in accordance to the City Hall Employees Association / PSAC Local 60200 Collective Agreement.
CHEA Collective Agreement
City of Moncton Salary and Wage Scale
- A post-secondary education from an accredited institution in a legal, policing, business, social science, technology or communications program or another similar program.
- Ability to be fully functional in both official languages (English and French) is a requirement. As per provincial language proficiency standards, fluency is determined to be at the Intermediate + (2+) level.
- The position requires the incumbent to have the ability to enter data in the English language.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in a highly structured & policy driven environment.
- Typing speed of forty-three (43) wpm is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment considered an asset.
- Ability to operate, control, monitor and troubleshoot a variety of operational, administrative, RCMP and non-police telecommunication equipment, software and databases.
CONDITIONS OF WORK:
- Intensive background RCMP security clearance is required as a condition of employment.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, holidays and during severe weather conditions.